Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello I am Robin. I finally got my insurance approval last Friday. Found out today my surgery date is set for Mon April 12. I am excited and wasn't a bit nervous until I opened that letter :thumbup: Now I guess I need to find others out there who are "walking their talk" and doing it with grace. That is what we all need from each other right? So I am looking for some friendly words of advice, shake tips and overall strength and survival techniques! Yes, I am feeling a bit of a lump in my throat. But I am so ready to begin the journey of finding ME again....

Welcome, Robin!

I know how you feel. Nervous, scared, happy, all at once! You will find lots of support here at LBT. Tons of information here and people at all lap-band stages. I, myself, am preop....having surgery 3/22. Most days I am really excited about, but sometimes kind of scared and worried that I will be the one to have problems, but I am forging ahead and ready to go! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good luck!

Welcome aboard Robin. Buckle your seat belt. Those 5 weeks are going to fly by.

I don't know about doing anything with grace here but we do it with honesty. A positive attitude will see you through surgery and beyond without much pain.

Matilda pretty much summed the rest up.

Aside from the forums here, there is also the "Blogs" button at the top-left of the page where you can read of others' experiences and log your own.

My name is Renee. I haven't yet scheduled my surgery because I have to find a way to pay for it. My husband and I live on his disability and what little I can make online so the financing is a huge hurdle for me. I have already decided to get the surgery but have to secure the financing.< /p>

My daughters mother-in-law had this about 2 years ago and she has had lots of trouble with hers but I am convinced (from what my daughter told me) she didn't take care of herself after the surgery. She go a bad infection and the band had to be removed until the infection cleared up.

welcome welcome, to a life full of surprises, as soon as you start losing your weight you'll feel better than ever!!! be grateful, feel excited, and happy to have this opportunity!!! you deserve it.:thumbup: