Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for full liquid diet?

Hi, banded on Feb 19th, just started full liquids. I'm having creamy Soups, runny oatmeal, runny mashed potatoes. I was a little naughty tonight and had a Steak and shake shake. Could barely finish it and felt proud because in the past I would have eaten a giant burger, chili, fries and the shake! Wondering if anyone has any more ideas for full liquids?:smile2:

Awesome job!

I love creamy of chicken Soup by Campbell it's only 100 calories and I add rice for more of a filling feeling. The rice gets so light because soaked in the Soup. But, honestly taste delicious and I can't even eat half of the can. Again, it's only 100 calorie creamy soup and I never can finish the whole can!!! So, perhaps only 85 calories including the rice?

Also, my Protein shakes fill me...one scoop of Protein (chocolate), 1 cup of skim milk, 5 ice cubes, and 1/2 banana blended...this actually taste yummy! This is about 33 grams of protein in just one shake.

Hope this helps!

I start mine tomorrow and I plan on having chocolate Protein shake, with frozen banana and a tbs of Peanut Butter for Breakfast. or maybe just the chocolate Protein with instant coffee blended with ice..

Tomato Soup, perhaps a skinny iced mocha, cheddar cheese Soup, broccoli and cheese (Oooooo, I am so going to make that now.. ) sugar free ice cream?

anywho I gotta get to making me some soup for tomorrow ^,^

liquid yogurt smoothies.......yum. They do have "lite" ready to drink.

I like the Pacific and Imagine brands of cream Soup found in my Kroger's organic section. They come in cartons. They are low fat, low calorie, and have a decent amount of Fiber in them. There is sweet potato, potato-leek, broccoli, portabello mushroom, red bliss potato and garlic, butternut squash and probably others.

I just used some Unury unflavored Protein powder and added it to one of the Soups (the Protein Powder adds no taste and no texture change if the soup's not too hot.) Very good (and no weird ingredients in the soup- no chemicals, etc. Just organic vegetables.)

I'm gonna use some of those other ideas! The banana, Peanut Butter smoothie sounds great!

Oh, also Kefir, if you like yogurt.

I second the greek yogurt. I am also using nectar Protein Drinks.< /p>

Thank you, these are all great ideas! Should I be adding Protein to my Soups?

The list I was given for a full liquid diet was: skim milk, Protein shakes, strained Soup, lf smoothies, yogurt drinks, custard, pudding, yogurt, nectar juice or juice.< /p>

Looking forward to Monday to starting pureed foods.

Thank you, these are all great ideas! Should I be adding Protein to my Soups?

I was given a 50 g Protein intake goal for each day. If you need the extra protein, you could add it to Soup, juice or whatever. If you're reaching your protein goal with shakes or whatever, then you don't need to. I just get really sick of the protein shakes- so I dropped my lunch shake and added unflavored Protein Powder to my soup today instead.

My surgeon gave me a list of things that I can and cannot eat throughout the whole six weeks.

Full liquid Diet:

Allowed:

Water, Decaf coffee & tea, non-carbondated, surgar free drinks (0 calories) ie - crystal light, fruit 2 0

sugar free fruit juice, low sodium v-8, diet v-8 splash & Tomato juice

skim milk, 1% milk, lowfat lactaid milk, low fat soymilk, smooth low-fat yogurt with no added sugar (made with nutrasweet, aspartame or splenda

low sodium beef or chicken consomme and broth, tomato Soup, strained cream Soups

sugar-free Jello, pudding, sugar-free popsicles, sugar-free hot cocoa, sugar substitues (equal, splenda, sweet & low)

Protein powders, Protein Drinks, Protein bullets, Isopure (less than 4-5 gms carb per serving.

NOT allowed:

regular coffee & tea, carbondated beverages, sweetened fruit beverages & drinks, alcohol, Fruit Drinks

Fruit Drinks & punches, regular v-8 splash, and fruit juice

2% milk, chocolate milk, fruited yogurt

bouillion cubes, Soups with any pieces of food of any size - strained soups only

regular sugar, brown sugar, honey, maple Syrup, high fructose corn syrup, etc.

no protein with sugar or sweeteners other than sugar substitues.

Runny oatmeal and runny mashed potatos aren't a liquid, really. That shake was probably filled with a ton of sugar and whole milk. I guess the list above is a guideline though. I'm surprised your sugeron didn't give you a list.