Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hey everyone i think i have a problem i have trouble eating have had the band for 6 months lost 31kilo i kept telling dr i was hungry so he would give me more fill so i would lose weight now i cant even eat a spoon of food have been living on shakes have no problem eating dry biscuits or chocolate the wrong things i am scared to tell dr cause i dont want him to know i guess i am worried he will take fill out and i will gain weight what should i do :)

You need to tell your doctor. You can really do damage to yourself if you do not tell him/her. You can dialate your esaphogus (sorry not sure how to spell that) and then they will have to empty your band until it heals. This happened to a lady at my doctor's office support group and she gained back 14 pounds before they could start filling again.

My sister is going through the same thing, yet she has had the band for almost 2 years it becomes a problem ever so often. She is going through that right now..BUT she cant even drink Water sometimes..which is obviously a problem, she went to the Dr. and they did this test where they put dye into her system to see if its "running right" lol..and they said it was but she is miserable. I told her to have them let more liquid out even if it is a tiny bit. I am sorry your going through that and I agree with "finding me" that you should tell your Dr. because you dont want to do any damage to yourself..you only have one of those. :)

You are too tight. You need some Fluid taken out so that you can eat solid foods as these are the ones that sustain you. They allow your band to work and should keep you not hungry(different to full) for a couple of hours.

Being too tight means that you can only eat sliders or drink . These can of foods slide past the band easily, are often high calorie and do not sustain you so you quickly become hungry again.

Having just a small amount of Fluid out can make a huge difference and is not something to be scared off. Being too tight causes or contributes to may problems such as slips and erosion.

Hope you sort this out soon and start losing again.

Having a slight unfill will not cause you to gain weight.

Being overfilled can lead to all sorts of complications and can also lead to weight gain, because we tend to eat slider foods that are generally high in calories just to get something down.

Having a looser band gives you many more food choices allowing you to eat a wider variety of foods.

You REALLY need to go see your doctor. We all want to lose weight rapidly, but being overfilled is sure to backfire. If your body goes into starvation mode, your losses will slow down to nothing and you will lose muscle mass.

I was overfilled once. Getting a very slight unfill was the best thing I ever did. I was able to go back a month later and get that amount plus a little put back in.

It is not admitting defeat or giving up. Nor does it mean your weight-loss days are over.

Best wishes.

Thanks everyone i did tell dr and had some fill taken out feel a bit better still not eating much solids but i am sure i will get there might need some more taken out :(