Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How's the October Bansters doing?

Hello all i was banded October 1st 2009. I had a pretty good recovery. With in the first 2 weeks i lost 15 lbs. Since the 2 weeks after surgery i've lost 3 then back up 2 and now nothing.:frown:

I can be honest with you all and say i have not been the best band patient. My daughter has been in and out of the hospital for the past month. My stress level is way high. I've done my best at what i can do with not being home to prepare meals. Not giving excuses.

I have a 10cc band with 5.5 fill. I feel nothing. I can eat whatever and how much ever i want. I am really wondering if there is something wrong with my band or am i the cause of feeling nothing? My hair is starting to shed due to not getting enough Protein in. I'm hungry 3 hours after i eat. If i kept eating i could possibly eat as much as i did before surgery. Excersise is not in my vocabulary anymore due to my daughter being so ill lately.

What shall i do to get back on track? :( I feel like i've went through this surgery for nothing. I feel like a total failure. I do have a Dr appt on Monday and i'm praying he'll check my band and give me another fill. Any help would be great.

Tracie

hey gurl im sorry to hear that ur daughter isnt feeling so well. i was banded on oct 28th. n e ways im down 54 pounds from the begining of this journey... i had one fill so i think i have around 4.5 cc's in my band and i am just like you.. i can eat more then i want to. i went in to get another fill but my doc said no.. i was staying full for 3 or 4 hours after each meal so he said im doing great.. i told him i can eat a lot more now and he said why am i eating that much... my reply was umm because i love food and it taste soo good. so basiclly he told me to eat half cup meals and just stop right there.. its really self control.. i eat out of small bowls... fill up half cup worth of whatever food i want and that is it... i find myself eating sometimes even when im not hungry and thats my problem.. but i am still loosing because i am active.. i do not go to the gym but i am constantly cleaning wen im at home and constantly moving around wen im at work.. i know if i was to work out i would loose more faster..

my advice to you is to just hang in there. carry around a half cup bowl and wen you sit down to eat just put what you want to eat in that bowl... and if it dont fit then dont eat it... and only eat wen your hungry...

hi there.

I am so sorry about your daughter. I hope she is ok.

I got banded on 10/26 - i JUST had my first fill last wednesday and i am donw 43 lbs. i have to tell you that before the fill, i could eat and eat and eat. After 2 weeks of such craziness I felt that if i don't stop now i will damage my band and i will probably cause a lot of damage. So i ended up doing the 5 day test. It brought me back to basics...it got my craving under control and kicked off my weight loss BIG time. right after that i got my first fill. I am not going to lie, this fill is not what i thought it would be, i still can eat more than i think i should HOWEVER, i am now listening to my stomach and not my taste buds, which is a huge difference. My doctor doesn't believe in giving a lot of fills either so i think i might be stuck with this one for a while, but so far its doing its trick.

I def. recommand the 5 day pouch test to get you back on track. Good luck:)

Hello all i was banded October 1st 2009. I had a pretty good recovery. With in the first 2 weeks i lost 15 lbs. Since the 2 weeks after surgery i've lost 3 then back up 2 and now nothing.:frown:

I can be honest with you all and say i have not been the best band patient. My daughter has been in and out of the hospital for the past month. My stress level is way high. I've done my best at what i can do with not being home to prepare meals. Not giving excuses.

I have a 10cc band with 5.5 fill. I feel nothing. I can eat whatever and how much ever i want. I am really wondering if there is something wrong with my band or am i the cause of feeling nothing? My hair is starting to shed due to not getting enough Protein in. I'm hungry 3 hours after i eat. If i kept eating i could possibly eat as much as i did before surgery. Excersise is not in my vocabulary anymore due to my daughter being so ill lately.

What shall i do to get back on track? :( I feel like i've went through this surgery for nothing. I feel like a total failure. I do have a Dr appt on Monday and i'm praying he'll check my band and give me another fill. Any help would be great.

Tracie

So sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope she gets well soon.

I was banded on Oct. 23. I am down 49lbs since surgery, 59lbs with the pre-op diet. I have a 10cc band and I've had 2 fills so far totaling 3.5cc's. I'm doing pretty well at the present time. I'm trying to increase my exercise.

My advice to you is get more Protein in. That's why you are so hungry all of the time. As you can tell because your hair is falling out. Try some chicken, or fish. Also some Peanut Butter is good. Even some Protein Bars are good if you are busy all of the time and can't eat. I eat the Detour bars. If you aren't using the Protein shakes you might want to start using them. There is nothing wrong with your band. You just have to incorporate more protein into your diet. And always eat the protein first when you eat.

I tend to eat white chicken in a can with a little FF mayo, and 2 pieces of string cheese for lunch. My NUT told me if I get hungry inbetween meals to have a teaspoon of Peanut Butter or a piece of string cheese to hold me over until my meal.

Good luck and hope that helps.

Hey, had my surgery end of October 09. Feeling somewhat the same. Lost 35 pounds immediately. Now up and down around the same 5 pound mark since mid-December. I get hungry and can eat all I want. Feel like any loss so far is purely will power and I am losing that.

hi there.

I am so sorry about your daughter. I hope she is ok.

I got banded on 10/26 - i JUST had my first fill last wednesday and i am donw 43 lbs. i have to tell you that before the fill, i could eat and eat and eat. After 2 weeks of such craziness I felt that if i don't stop now i will damage my band and i will probably cause a lot of damage. So i ended up doing the 5 day test. It brought me back to basics...it got my craving under control and kicked off my weight loss BIG time. right after that i got my first fill. I am not going to lie, this fill is not what i thought it would be, i still can eat more than i think i should HOWEVER, i am now listening to my stomach and not my taste buds, which is a huge difference. My doctor doesn't believe in giving a lot of fills either so i think i might be stuck with this one for a while, but so far its doing its trick.

I def. recommand the 5 day pouch test to get you back on track. Good luck:)

What is the 5 da pouch test?

check out

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f137/5-day-pouch-test-53690/

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/5-day-pouch-test-108087/

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/5-day-pouch-test-108188/

I did the test because I am super paranoid of stretching my pouch. I lost nearly 3kg in 5 days and it showed me that I needed a fill big time, helped with my cravings and I have been eatins great since. I also blogged about my 5 day pouch test on my blog below

I was banded Oct. 6th, lost 63lbs post surgery and 72 total including preop diet. I had my 2nd fill about 10 days ago and it seemed like I was more hungry after the fill than before it. I was finding 1 day I was starving and the next I could barely eat. However in the last 2 dayss I have been ALOT less hungry, if fact today I had a 5oz. Cottage cheese for Breakfast (most dayz) and no lunch, and 2 pork ribs for dinner. prolly 6oz or so. I did have 3 lrg coffees during the day, but I use lo-cal Creamer and splenda so they are not too bad. Kind of hard to imagine that less than 4 months ago I was 300+ lbs and now I'm just over 230! I exercised 7 days a week for the first month, but have since fallen apart on that front, but I keep really busy so I think it helps. can't wait to be below 225, it will be the first time since 1990! Man I love this band!:(

I was banded Oct. 6th, lost 63lbs post surgery and 72 total including preop diet. I had my 2nd fill about 10 days ago and it seemed like I was more hungry after the fill than before it. I was finding 1 day I was starving and the next I could barely eat. However in the last 2 dayss I have been ALOT less hungry, if fact today I had a 5oz. Cottage cheese for Breakfast (most dayz) and no lunch, and 2 pork ribs for dinner. prolly 6oz or so. I did have 3 lrg coffees during the day, but I use lo-cal Creamer and splenda so they are not too bad. Kind of hard to imagine that less than 4 months ago I was 300+ lbs and now I'm just over 230! I exercised 7 days a week for the first month, but have since fallen apart on that front, but I keep really busy so I think it helps. can't wait to be below 225, it will be the first time since 1990! Man I love this band!:thumbup:

You're doing great! that's awesome! I hope I can say the same thing in 3 months!!

Thanks guys for the comments. I am definatly going to try the 5 day puch test. I go to the Dr on Monday so i will have at least 4 days with starting tomorrow.

My daughter is doing better. Thanks. She has a congenital heart defect and the winter months really take ahold of her. Let's all keep in touch. I wish you all luck.

What is the 5 day pouch test? I'd love to give it a try.

Thanks.

You guys seem to be all doing so well! I was banded 10/14 and am only down 26 pounds. I have 5.8 cc's in my 10 cc band and am getting another fill next week.

I'm sorry your daughter is sick. I hope everything is okay.

I was banded on October 21 and have lost 47 lbs (17 of it was pre-op, 30 post) and I am STUCK! I've been eating 900-1100 calories per day, power walking 1-2 miles every day and I'm at a complete standstill. I had my first fill on 1/14 and it did absolutely nothing--I have no restriction whatsoever. Due for fill #2 on 2/25. Hoping that will kick start my weight loss again. I have 35 lbs to goal and it feels like this is going to take forever! That 5 day pouch test sounds like a good plan. Heck, maybe I'll try that while waiting for the next fill.

It sounds like you need to eat more Protein. You should be getting around 60-70 grams in per day. Even if you don't want to cook/prepare chicken or fish, take a some sugar free vanilla pudding, put a scoop of Protein Powder in (chocolate) with some fat free cool whip and you have at least 24 grams right there! Stock up on some of the "go to" foods also-- ff yogurt, cottage cheese, lowfat string cheese, etc. and try to drink Water at all times. It's a lot to manage, especially when you have such difficult things to handle personally, but there are things you can do that don't require too much planning.

Best of luck to you! Please keep us posted!

I was banded Oct 7th and had my first fill on Jan 4th only 2cc I have no restriction and so far can eat anything with no problems. I have my second fill on Feb 11 and he said it will be another 2cc and then I come back in two months to check progress. I am currently down 47lbs. I had a 4 week plateau in January but have managed to break that this past week. I just took my daily calories from 1200 to 1050 and added two days of serobic exercise and that did the trick. Keep in mind EVERYONE is different what works for some will not work for others just like calorie intake. I believe you have to find what works for you. Also with you have to change things up regularly, my dietician said that your body is always trying to find maintence mode and if you stay with something like a certain exercise routine all the time eventually your body copes and starts to maintain itself with that activity, sio he suggested that every few weeks to change my foods up, and my exercises and even my calories. It has so far worked for me well.

I was banded 10/22 and was extremely certain this is what I wanted. I actually posted a few days ago about filing a lawsuit (I was being somewhat tongue and cheek, I know I don't really have a case). I go back and forth w/ this b/c it obviously has helped me lose some weight. Before surgery, I weighed between 232-236, but I have been at 210 for almost 2 months. The concern I have is that, regardless of the band, I do not generally eat over 1000 calories, and basically eat a Protein Shake for breakfast, light cal snack, cup of Soup for lunch, and some type of chicken for dinner, plus maybe a serving of rice cakes, sugar free Jello or pudding for another snack. Not saying I haven't been "bad" a time or two, but I eat SO much less than I was! I cut out pop completely, which is a huge hurdle, and no bread, very little carbs. I don't get why I'm not losing 1-2 lbs a week just from dieting, nothing to do w/ band. I just got my first fill last week at 1.5cc. Some days I have no hunger, some days a little more hungry. It is very frustrating and I feel very disappointed. Could someone tell me what their daily diet is like who is losing more weight?? As far as exercise, while I'm not completely inactive, I know I need to step it up a notch, but the lower calories alone should contribute to steady weight loss.