Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unexpected feelings after LapBand..anyone else?

Edited by dementedfrog83

I personally am offended by your comments but everyone has a right to their opinion. No matter how asinine it is. :smile:

Being fat, I probably shower more than the average person because god knows I sweat a lot more. Nor have I ever been told that I stink.

You can't assume that all of us have poor hygiene because you do or did.

there was another thread just like this one not too long ago. the responses were much more positive and insightful about the way you are feeling. I'm not sure what the title of the thread was ...... maybe somthing like "I hate fat people"

not sure .... if I find it, I will let you know

i suspect you are just projecting your feelings about yourself as an overweight person onto others with that condition. You might want to look into it with someone professional.

there was another thread just like this one not too long ago. the responses were much more positive and insightful about the way you are feeling. I'm not sure what the title of the thread was ...... maybe somthing like "I hate fat people"

not sure .... if I find it, I will let you know

Yes the thread is "I hate fat people" one of my favorites! It really gets you thinking about the emotional blocks that we have put up. That thread was a real eye opener for me. The OP of this thread is a bit more clinical and has alot less tact than the other thread. I recommend the read it is a good one, it was started several years ago and has continued on.

Maybe because I'm much older then you and have been fat most of my life, I have much sympathy for overweight people. I know how hard it is to do normal everyday things. When I see someone that is big I wish I could tell them to check out getting lap band surgery. I know how hard it is to lose weight and harder to keep it off. One thing that has changed for me is I can't watch people eat large amounts of food and eat fast. That is disgusting to me, but I do remember I used to eat that much food too. Also when you say fat people are dirty and smell, I have meet many skinny people that could use a good cleaning also. Don't forget where you started!!!

You generalize about fat people being dirty and eating like slobs. Skinny people and average build people can be just as dirty and disgusting. Why would you hold this just against fat people?

As for getting healthier; they are either content as they are; have tried to get healthy and given up; have medical problems that keep them from losing weight or don't realize what they are doing to themselves.

I won't judge them as long as they are using my tax dollar to maintain their girth.

And where the hell is the delete post button? I don't post my true thoughts and feeling to get people to be mean when they reply back.

Oh and I found the I hate fat people thing I just typed it in the search bar and it was the first one

hope that takes any others there who feel the same and thanks to the nice people.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f15/i-hate-fat-people-4917/

The delete button is in your head. Do you say everything that comes to you mind? If not, follow that same rule here.

Sounds like you need need professional help to deal with this.

TJ

Excuse me, professional help to deal with what?

I think he is referring to your self-loathing.

Okay.. I'm going to say some stuff that might hurt your feelings.. probably as bad as what you said hurt other people on here, but here it is.

According to your ticker, you've had your band 19 days. Less than a month. You've lost 18 pounds, which is amazing, and I'm proud of you.... but you are still morbidly obese. You have a long, long road ahead of you where there will be bumps and ditches that will throw you off track and frustrate you. You have found a tool that will assist you in gaining control of your life, but it is by no means a cure all, it is still going to take work on your part.

So, when you look at those stinky, lazy, fat slobs.. think to yourself, "I wonder if that is how other people still perceive me since I am still at the beginning of my weight loss journey?"

Okay.. I'm going to say some stuff that might hurt your feelings.. probably as bad as what you said hurt other people on here, but here it is.

According to your ticker, you've had your band 19 days. Less than a month. You've lost 18 pounds, which is amazing, and I'm proud of you.... but you are still morbidly obese. You have a long, long road ahead of you where there will be bumps and ditches that will throw you off track and frustrate you. You have found a tool that will assist you in gaining control of your life, but it is by no means a cure all, it is still going to take work on your part.

So, when you look at those stinky, lazy, fat slobs.. think to yourself, "I wonder if that is how other people still perceive me since I am still at the beginning of my weight loss journey?"

My thoughts exactly. The help I was referring to was about your loathing of yourself, your family and all the others that are like you.

You need to explore compassion....

TJ

lol yall are funny... I'm a very happy fat person...I just hate other fat people...either way I'm unsubscribing from this forum...I'm not gonna let yall ruin my day...I'm off to go get my fat ass on my Wii fit....Happy Holidays bandsters!!:smile:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Wow so let me get this straight you have had your band all of about 1 month You are still morbidly obese and you can say all these horrible things about your friends and family and overweight people??? Are you sure the doctor didn't band your brain??? :):smile:

these are normal feelings for some people .... don't hate.

OK so what the heck did dementedfrog say? the post is gone? I get the jist of it but would have loved to have seen the actual post!