Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band in 11/2007 i need opion or help

Hi, I have only lost 34 pounds since i was band in 11/2007.

I don't measure my foods I just eat until my hungry goes away. some time i eat really fast then I start to foam. I don't drink with my meal nor do i drink soda. I eat meats and veggies. if there is some thing that I can eat really well I can eat more than a cup maybe 2 cups. but like I said I dont' measure my foods. I have a 10cc band with 8.1cc fill should I go and have another fill or what should I do. :biggrin:

This is from my doctor, but I it would be important find out what your doctor recommends because he could have far different rules.

I'm supposed to eat 1/2 cup solid meals. To check for proper restriction, he suggested a 1/2 cup meal of 2/3 chicken and 1/3 broccoli. If we're hungry in less than three hours and not losing weight, we should get an adjustment.

[quote= they tell me that i should eat a cup but i know that i could eat moore. for instant. i can eat a whole chicken breast 1/3 veggies this is for dinner for Breakfast drink a shake hungry with hour

lunch- chicken sandwitch without bread.

what should i do

Hi, I have only lost 34 pounds since i was band in 11/2007.

I don't measure my foods I just eat until my hungry goes away. some time i eat really fast then I start to foam. I don't drink with my meal nor do i drink soda. I eat meats and veggies. if there is some thing that I can eat really well I can eat more than a cup maybe 2 cups. but like I said I dont' measure my foods. I have a 10cc band with 8.1cc fill should I go and have another fill or what should I do. :biggrin:

Michelle,

If you've only lost 34 pounds in over a year, then you're eating too many calories for the amount you're expending. Assuming your activity level is the same now as it was pre-band, you're eating almost as many calories as pre-band. If you've increased your calorie, then you're eating more.

Stop eating until you aren't hungry. Most fat people don't know what the word means or what hunger feels like. If you're foaming, you're eating too much or too fast or maybe even both.

My doc says I should be able to eat 1 cup of food and be satisfied for 3-4 hours. 1 cup of food is not much. It's about 1/2 cup vegies, 1/4 cup of carbs (potatoes, rice, Pasta, etc.) and about 3-4 oz of Protein.

The band is just a tool. You still need to use some self-control to stop. You can't just eat until you aren't hungry. Follow the guidelines and then 'stop'.

they tell me that i should eat a cup but i know that i could eat moore. for instant. i can eat a whole chicken breast 1/3 veggies this is for dinner for Breakfast drink a shake hungry with hour

lunch- chicken sandwitch without bread.

what should i do

I'm supposed to eat 1/2 cup, and I could eat more too, but I don't (3/4 cup to maybe 1 cup at most, but I haven't tried). I stop and am fully satisfied for 4 hours or more. Since you're supposed to be eating 1 cup servings, I think you need to get out a measuring cup and measure, and only have that amount of food on your plate. If you are getting hungry before three hours have passed, you need to go in for an adjustment. Also, if you're drinking with your meals, you're sabotaging your success. I've seen it said on here many times that to be successful with weight loss you need to only eat as much as you need to be healthy, not try to see how much you can eat.

You also might have stretched your pouch. It can happen with consistant overeating. There's a highly recommended diet that you can find on LBT or with an internet search called the 5 Day Pouch Test.

It's not all about what or even how much you are eating. How much exercise are you getting and how much Water are you drinking?

shakes cannot provide long-term satisfaction because they are liquid...and liquids pass through the band quickly. That means they don't stay in your stomach long enough to give you a feeling of satiety.

Yeah, you CAN eat more than the prescribed amount but that doesn't mean you SHOULD.

I am supposed to eat about 3 oz of Protein (about the size of a deck of cards if you're looking at meat). A vegetable of my choice. A serving of whole grain carb. AND STOP. Give your body a chance to realize that you're full! If you get hungry in less than 4 hours, eat a small snack of Protein (around 70 calor9es) .... a boiled egg, a little deli sliced turkey or an ounce of low fat cheese.

If you continue to eat past the full level, you're probably not going to lose any weight. If you eat too fast, you'll eat past the full signal too, so slow down. Take a bite, put down your utensil, chew the bite. swallow. THEN pick up your untensil and take another bite.