Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Question --Please Help!

Today I got my first fill after 5 weeks post-op (going on vacation next week) I have Realize band, which holds 11 ccs. Nurse put 4cc's in. Well, haven't noticed much of any restraint, im doing the liquids til tomorrow. Should I still be feeling like its not even filled? Im still hungry after my 4 oz's??

Was thinking and hoping it wud kick in right away. I could be rushing it a bit I spose. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Hi Coconuttelatte, I also have the realize band and had 4.5 cc today during my fill. It was my first fill, and I don't feel any restriction either. I'm praying I begin to feel the restriction in the next few days or so. If not, I'm going to call my surgeon up and let him know. Someone please let me know your experience!

I went in today for my first fill, no pain, he got the port. I have 4.25cc in my band. I will let you know how it goes. It is a lapband.

I have the realize band and on my first fill a week ago, they put in 3 cc's. The doc said most people don't start feeling restriction until 6 cc's...except for possibly a few days or week of restriction as a result of swelling after a fill.

I can still gulp down 16 oz of Water without missing a beat and am able to eat to excess which, for the most part, I'm controlling by sheer will power right now.

I have the Realize band and I have 6.75ccs with not much restriction at all. I'm still working on my own willpower but still losing!

HI, HAVE HAD 1FILL OF 1.5cc and still not feeling full so i can imagine what you are going thru, am still dieting and feel thats why i may lose 1or2 pounds per week. hope it changes. my doc will only put in 1.5cc t a time

I have 7.2 CC's with a realize band 9cc. I just started back on solids yesterday with no restriction that I can tell, 5.2 CC's first fill 2 CC's second fill

Thanks for responses, glad to know Im not the only one going thru this.

Well do notice a small bit of restriction when I take my meds, takes forever to get them down, cut into small pieces. Then stuffed after I take them.

Was thinking last night maybe they didn't put anything in me,but have pain in port area n red spot where poked with needle. H

ave been told it takes few days for it to take ahold. Hope it kicks in soon. I am sticking to it by willpower, and eating with a baby spoon.

I think I am going to be afraid to eat for a while... LOL. I still haven't mastered eating so slow... quantities yes I am ok so far with and I am chewing well, found that out last week when I had the stomach bug yeah I know TMI LOL