Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone cheated on there post op diet?

I had surgery 5 days ago and im starving I cannot take this crap anymore. I want to eat eat eat I can't even eat broth anymore I refuse. I have been drinking and eating popsicles. I was about to eat a waffle, but grabbed a popsicle instead. Man this is like torture I swear.

There are a whole lot of people on this board who have cheated on their post op diet. Now that said it doesnt make it ok. You knew what you were signing up for so be strong and keep the liquids coming.

Yeah I know it's not right, but I am just so hungry right now. I just cant bing myself to drink any brother anymore and im getting tired of koolaid and crystal light as well. This sucks

I was banded 4 days ago. I haven't had any physical hunger, but bit of "head" hunger. What has helped me is knowing what my triggers are and then having a plan to occupy myself when it happens. Hang in there. You can make it. Also, your Protein supplement will help with the hunger as well. SIP, SIP, SIP!!!!!!!!!!

I had surgery 5 days ago and im starving I cannot take this crap anymore. I want to eat eat eat I can't even eat broth anymore I refuse. I have been drinking and eating popsicles. I was about to eat a waffle, but grabbed a popsicle instead. Man this is like torture I swear.

Hang in there neesh! Eating real food too soon can interfere with your band healing in properly. Like 20zmom said, Protein shakes help with the hunger. You can do it!

Stay strong.. You can get through this. I suggest maybe blending a Protein Shake in the blender with a half of bananna. or maybe a cup of unsweet applesauce. I know other's will probably say no, but when your mind is made up that you are hungry and you want to eat, that is what you are going to do, so, whatever it is make sure that is very soft, so that you will not upset your band. Good Luck, an just remember the reason why you was banded in the first place.

Hi Neesh! I was banded the same day as you and I too am finding myself very hungry. It is crazy how some people are not hungry at all then on the flip side there are people like us.

Are you still on Clear Liquids? I am on full liquids moving to mushies tomorrow and man am I ready. I have been "eating" cream chicken Soup my Protein. Every doctor is different..

I also do everyday as cb0828 says..I take my protein podwer and mix it up as usual...dump it in a blender...add 1/2 banana and 1 T of Peanut Butter (7 xtra grams of protein) and blend with a little ice. Yummy! It is frothy and good and really holds me over. I am not saying that is what it EXACTLY says to do....but that is what I do too.

If you do cheat, make sure it is something that at least has Protein. My surgeon allows cottage cheese after just a few days post-op. I don't know exactly how long cause I don't have my band yet, but that seems like it might be a safe choice. I am sensitive to high carb foods (messes w/my blood sugar) so I would never grab a waffle if I was starving. That is likely to drive your hunger up even more. Maybe call your surgeon's office and see what they recommend. I'm sure its not the first time they will have had someone call and say they just can't do only liquids any longer.

I'm not in your shoes yet but will be soon. You're on clear liquids? How long until you get to full liquids? If you are absolutely going to cheat, I'd try the least "dangerous" way possible. Maybe choose something from your full liquid list. A Protein Shake would be a lot better choice than a waffle for both safety and satiety.

I had my lap band surgery on 10-15-09, only five days ago and I am so hungry also. I am miserable and my head is so hungry along with my tummy. I am trying to stay stong also. Its so so hard. I want to eat chicken Noodle Soup and start my week two diet. Im misearable and I feel for you!!!! I thought i was the only one feeling like this!! I am so weak and I want to throw up, nothing is satisfying me at all. Nothing! :lol:

Thanks all for your support. Today I was starving I didn't have nothing. So I said let me at least drink some crystal light and a lot of Water before I get deyhdrated. I did that and after my stomach was growling so bad I was feeling week and went and made me a slim fast shake. I am glad I did it helped a whole lot, but I think I drank it too fast because now it feels like it's stuck in my chest and I don't know what to do. It itsn't that bad, but better then the hunger pains and weak feeling I had. Yes I am only on clear liquids right now my first appt to the dr for follow up is thurs thank god. Then I am sure I will be going on full liquids for 3 days then so on. I cannot wait til this part is all over with. Banster hell is the worst part of this whole band thing it can make you go nuts.

as bad as it sounds.... I cheat almost everyday. Its not that I mean to cheat but I am a teacher... in Korea. To most that wont make sense but it is the biggest compliment when a student wants to share their candy or food with you. So when you are offered something then you must take it. If it is small like one little candy you must eat it right away and then explain how good the candy is. Since I am the "fun teacher" my kids love to give me candy. If it is one candy I eat it, if lots come my way at one time I explain that I will eat it all after class.

Saying no to a students candy is like telling them they are stupid ( bad bad bad in Korea). So I dont have a choice. My co-teacher likes me after having this surgery because after class I always come into the office with some new things for her to eat.

Yes, I am also suffering from hunger. I had my surgery Oct. 13th and my doctor put me on 21 days of liquids. But, everytime I feel like cheating I have to remember all the reasons I had the surgery in the first place. I have 3 little girls and I want to enjoy them for many years to come. I have a awesome wife who is in great shape and I want to live a long healthy and happy life with her. So, it really makes my choice easy not to cheat once I remember all those things. I figure a little suffering now in exchange for a lifetime of happiness! Good luck everyone.

I know its hard, i was starving the first week. but i promise that it will go away. my hunger pains actually stopped by day 7. i was hungry but if i had the shake it went away immediatly and it didnt hurt like it did the first week. dont cheat! you can risk the band slipping and or not healing properly. just think the pain is weakness leaving your body. you will get through it. also what got me through it was .. i have eaten whatever i have wanted for 22 years i can sacrifice a month of not eating. i didnt think i would be where i am now, but i got here and the time flew by