Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FINALLY! 3rd fill the charm!

On Tuesday I had my 3rd fill (I was 3mos post-op). Until Tuesday, I was all but cursing the LapBand, wondering why I spent so much money when I was just using willpower anyway. I had only lost 4 lbs since surgery, and was VERY discouraged. But since my fill on Tuesday, I FINALLY feel relieved! THIS IS WHAT I WANTED! I now have a stopping point, no willpower needed! I'm not hungry! This is great!

So those of you that are still on your first or second fills, hang in there, sooner or later, you'll get here! This all IS worth it!

Thanks for the info. I had my first fill Monday 8/3. I'm doing ok but last night about 1 hr after dinner I was looking for something! I didn't care what it was, my stomach was rumbling. I had 1 cracker with a little Peanut Butter and that did the trick for the rest of the night.

I have been very hungry lately I have had 1 fill and scheduled for my next on on 8/20. Having trouble not eating all the time.

Hey FarmGirl - This is SO good to hear. I'm almost 3 months out and have had 2 fills. 3rd fill is 1 week from today. I have only had about 3-4 instances where I've felt the tiniest restriction. But other than that...NOTHING. I can eat anything. pizza, chicken, steak, pork, Pasta, breads. All without even chewing and chewing. (I try to just for the practice, but it goes right down without). I'm maintaining my weight by trying to watch my portions but it's getting hard. I'm ready to get to that sweet spot and start losing again. How many CCs did it take you? I'm at 6 right now in a Realize band. I'm sure that next week's fill will put me there or close. Good Luck!

Hey farmgirl, Congrats!!!! I'm waiting on my sweet spot. I have a 9cc realize band and i have 5 cc's in it. I have a little restriction, but not near what i'm hoping for. What kind and size is your band, and how many cc's do you have in? Hope you don't mind sharing your info. Happy Losing!!!!

thanks so much for this thread. I had one fill so far have one coming up in 2 weeks but still losing slowly but not restricted as I think I need to be. I hoping i will fill like you and have all be worth it. I just wish it would come off more then what I have lost so far. Surgery date 6/8 since then lost 13lbs.

I have the Lapband AP band, and I'm not sure what size it is. I know I had 2cc's in my first fill, but I didn't even ask on the last two.

Until my 3rd fill, I could also eat anything. Dry chicken got stuck a couple times, but other than that, breads and everything went down fine. But now, I can only eat a VERY small amount of bread. Yesterday I made homemade burgers, and I couldn't eat half of one (maybe 2/3's of half). I felt very satisfied until our next meal, no hunger at all.

I didn't think this feeling really existed, but it does!! Just took a while to get here!

Woo-Hoo! :wink2: I'd be doing the happy dance, if I were you :nanahump:

I get my second fill on monday. Hoping for some results. I haven't gained. But I haven't lost, either :Banane56:

Again, Woo-Hoo

I feel exactly the same way Oreo09. I'm thinking about food way too much and eating too much. I've gained 2 pounds in the last month. I'm at 5cc in a 10cc band and I have absolutely no restriction. I'm trying really hard to eat right but I have my good days and bad days. Just trying to be patient and reading all of the encouraging posts helps a lot.

On Tuesday I had my 3rd fill (I was 3mos post-op). Until Tuesday, I was all but cursing the LapBand, wondering why I spent so much money when I was just using willpower anyway. I had only lost 4 lbs since surgery, and was VERY discouraged. But since my fill on Tuesday, I FINALLY feel relieved! THIS IS WHAT I WANTED! I now have a stopping point, no willpower needed! I'm not hungry! This is great!

So those of you that are still on your first or second fills, hang in there, sooner or later, you'll get here! This all IS worth it!

Wow you are so lucky, I am almost there I can feel it. Going in for my 11th fill next Friday. Three is an unreal number to me.

Something really weird happened with me. I've been really starving after my first fill and also after my 2nd fill on 8/5, (now at 5cc in a 10cc band) and two days after this most recent fill, I suddenly felt restriction. The doctor said that it could take a few days after a fill to feel it and I didn't know if I heard him right but it really did happen. The day after my 2nd fill I was starving when I ate Breakfast that morning but by 2pm I was eating chicken and I could feel that it was going down slower and that I needed to chew it more. Today at work it was really busy and I wasn't able to eat for seven hours and I was hungry when I finally got to eat but not starving. That's really freaky that that happened. Does anyone know why it takes a day or two sometimes? Has that happened to anyone else? Maybe the saline takes awhile to go down that tube from the port???

exercise.png

I had my surgery in January and lost almost 50 pounds until I got my third fill two weeks ago. My doctor did not want to give me my third fill because he was wondering how I could lose all that weight even though I told him I did not think I was feeling any restriction but reluctanlty he did give me another fill. I believe I am at 3 CC's now and I think I am feeling restriction like I wanted.

I still am not sure if what I am feeling is normal but I now maybe eat about 2 cups of food at a meal and have a healthy snack between meals and have lost over 10 pounds since my fill on July 24th.

Farmgirl - congrats on your sweet spot. I got mine my fourth fill about 10 days ago and WOW - what a difference! It really slowed down my eating and the amount of food I can consume. I have had a couple of sliming episodes from eating too fast since then, but no Pb'g so that's good. It feels like this restriction is what I was waiting for. The lbs are melting off this past week and I'm thinking the Labor Day goal may be attainable at this point.

Anybody who isn't there yet - keep the faith! It really does work!

AWESOME Farmgirl!! This is the type of post I LOVE to see!! I am scheduled for my first fill on 08/24. So, I am hoping I don't have to have too many fills before I get to that point. That is so awesome!!!

I am so glad that I found this site!

I had my surgery on 4/30/09 and first fill on 6/16/09, I go tomorrow 8/11/09 for my 2nd fill I hope it helps. I am struggling, not losing so much now, pretty much just maintaining. I was scheduled for my 2nd fill 6/28/09 but had to cancel because of my work schedule. Now I am having a hard time going to the Doctor because I am not doing well. I guess I feel like I am not ready for a fill because I am not loosing as much as I "should". (I know that doesn’t make since, because if I was losing, I would not need the fill) I am guessing that is the pre-programmed mentality. For the record that is frustrating. I do feel hungry a lot, I don’t over eat, I keep thinking I am eating so much less than I was before but not losing. I seem to be tired all the time. I have just started to drink my Protein Shake, because my hair started falling out and to help with the energy. Yes, it took my hair to start falling out to start drinking them because they are horrible. FYI, in case you care…Special K Protein shake are my preferred to dated.

My support group meets once a month, while I am working. I am starting to feel pretty alone. I am looking for someone to correspond with to keep me from going crazy. I am sure that my family would appreciate the help there too. I am sure it helps to talk to people that really know what I am going through and feeling.