Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another new bandster here

Hi all,

Like most of you, I'm a veteran of the weight loss wars! I joined Weight Watchers for the first time when I was 13. I've got the books (Covert Bailey, Jean Nidetch, Susan Powter, Dr. Phil), I've got the exercise tapes and DVDs (Gilad, Tae-Bo, The Core), I've got the pants in six different sizes. And all because I haven't been able to get the upper hand in my relationship with food.< /p>

Fortunately, I think I'm now on the right track. I started attending a hospital-based clinical weight loss education program in September 2008. I met with my surgeon for the first time that November. I did my consults in December and January, submitted to insurance in February, and got approval in March. I had my lap-band placed on April 8, 2009, spent one night in the hospital, was off work for one week, and so far, so good! I haven't been perfect, but I also haven't fallen into the all-too-familiar trap of beating myself up when I don't make the best decision.

I have been attending a local weight-loss-surgery support group that meets monthly (mostly gastric bypass patients, but a lot of the same issues) but I'm thrilled to find this forum, where I can get answers, support, and camaraderie 24/7.

I want to change my life. I am so committed that I let someone cut into my body to help me change.

So hello, and thanks for letting me join the party.

Hi and welcome. That's the thing about the band, I think...as long as we follow the pre- and post-op diets and let ourselves (and the bands!) heal...once you're past that there is no right or wrong way to work it.

It's your tool and you have to use it your way!

Good luck to you!

Welcome! Congrats on getting banded! I know it's the best thing I ever did!

good luck with reaching your goal you seem like you're off to a good start.

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have been reading all of the success stories and it really gives me hope that I have found something that can actually work for me. I have been overweight since I was 17. I have had three children and never really lost the weight from pregnancy and somehow through the years food became my best friend. Well I think it is time I found a new best friend. I look forward to this journey and I love reading other's comments and am anxious to learn about this wonderful process. If anyone out there has any tips or suggestions for me, please do not hesitate to contact. I have just begun, only been to the seminar and have an appt. with the surgeon on 6/4/09. Can anyone tell me what to expect with this first meeting? Thank You.

I know this is a silly question, but I have found a ticker and did everything it told me to do, but I cannot figure out how to get it on my profile. Can anyone help? Thanks

try this:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

welcome to the group.

Thank you so much Amy. There is so much to learn and I am anxious to learn, but at the same time it is a lot to take in at one time. I am sure I will be fine, it is just all new to me, as I am sure it was for everyone here.