Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mrgrta has made it to the flatlands!!

I had my surgery yesterday. It lasted 6 1/2 hours. I had a circuferential tt with fleur de lis, Lipo, muscle repair and hernia repair. I ended up having 3 hernias instead of just one. That is where the majority of my pain is. The incisions don't hurt too bad. I went home around 4 in the afternoon and when my husband got me into the house, I fainted! It was pretty scary. I was cold and clammy and turned white as a ghost. I have a pain pump that wasn't working last night because it was clamped off. Once I figured that out, I unclamped it and it is working now. I've been up and moving around the house a little today because I'm paranoid of blood clots. Other than that, most of the day was spent in the recliner. I followed up with my doc today and they removed the bandages and put me in a compression binder. I have 4 drains in place. The doc said he removed around 8 pounds of skin and removed more through liposuction. From what I can tell so far, my belly is pretty flat.

Just wanted to give you all an update.

Congratulations and welcome to the flatlands! It sounds like you've been through the wringer. Keep us posted! Rest and sweet dreams!

I am glad you are doing so well, gives me hope as I go in on Thurs. to have tt and inner thigh lift. It is good to see all of those who came before me doing good.

T

Traceymom- The hardest part for me was the waiting before the surgery. My doctor said everything went as perfect as he expected. It is an emotional roller coaster though. I'll be thinking of you Thursday. You'll do great.

mrgrta, how are you feeling?

tracymom, good luck on your surgery

I am feeling very good. My pain pump lasted about 3 days. I removed it myself yesterday morning and as of yesterday, I switched from the narcotic pain med to plain Tylenol. Today I haven't taken anything for pain. I can honestly say that I'm just a little sore, but nothing that I can't stand. My c-sections hurt more than this and labor pains were by far the most misery I've ever experienced. The nice thing about this surgery is that I don't have to get up every two hours to feed a newborn. I can sleep when I need to. I am 4 days post op and today I was able to fold and put away a couple of loads of laundry and I was able to put some clean dishes up. My dh has been cooking, feeding kids, driving them to school, etc. I have done very minimal around the house, but I do make sure to get up every hour to walk. I've been drinking my Protein shakes and drinking about 80 oz of Water per day. I am going back to see my ps on Friday and I'm hoping that I will get 2 out of the 4 drains removed.

To anyone thinking about doing this surgery: it is TOTALLY worth it. Every time I see myself without my binder on I get a great big smile on my face.

Yay welcome to the flatlands, mrgta! I'm glad to hear you're feeling fine and that not only is your tummy flat but your butt and hips are tiny too!

I remember sleeping on my side for the first time 8 days post op and woke up with my hip bone hurting because they'd never not had 'padding' cushioning them before! Lol!

Wow! You are doing great. I am so worried about gaining weight while I am down and unable to exercise, have you been able to keep your weight stable through all this? Can't wait to see your before and afters, its gotta be a good feeling to be able to look down and see your feet. I am just so excited, only 2 more days, and I will join you guys in the flatlands.

T

Congratulations! You make it sound like a piece of cake - ooops - a small piece of cake!

I'll be joining you in the flatlends in 9 days.

It's so good to read such a positive posting. I hate taking pain meds, so I'm going to try and switch to tylenol asap after surgery.

Enjoy that flat tummy and share pics when you're ready.

I love my band!

Sue

Tracymom- I can't believe you only have 2 more days to go! I'm anxious to hear how your surgery goes. My ps called me at home today to see how I was doing. I didn't get a chance to talk to him after surgery because I was so out of it. He said he removed a total of about 12 pounds between the excess skin and Lipo. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down exactly 12 pounds from the morning of surgery. I weighed myself one day after surgery and I was up 2 pounds. My ps says that in another week or two I'll be down even more once my body gets rid of all the excess Fluid. I figure I'll be able to exercise again around 4-5 weeks post op so I'm not too concerned about weight gain. I've been eating lots of Protein, fruits, and veggies and trying to stay away from the bad carbs. I have another 15 pounds until I reach my goal weight.

Suemagoo- I think you are going to do great with your surgery. I'll be following your posts closely.

Lellow- I hear ya on the extra hip padding. I've had that for so many years that it is like looking at a different person in the mirror when I see myself without that! How are you doing?