Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ggoooaaaaaallllll!

No, I didn't play soccer this weekend. But I did get to a normal BMI. Yeah me!

So I'm now at "goal". That is to say, I've made all the weight loss-related goals I started with. I lost over 90 pounds, I have a normal BMI, and I'm in a size smaller than 10, my initial size goal. I really didn't have any goals beyond that. I did develop a few new goals along the way and I've managed to knock off most of them too.

But I don't really feel "done."

Sure, I look pretty good in my clothes and my Shapewear. But I do have fat that I can get rid of and want to get rid of. I'd like to have a resting pulse rate and a body fat percentage that is closer to the "athlete" range instead of the "somewhat fit, old broad" range as well. I also have a lot of new sports-related goals that I didn't have before.

So here is my updates list of goals:

1. (completed)Get off my BP meds
  2. (completed)Get rid of my plantar fasciitis once and for all
  3. (completed)Get rid of my GERD
  4. (completed)Go swimming with my daughter and stop making excuses every time she asks because I don't want to deal with appearing in a bathing suit in public
  5. (completed)Be at least a size 10, maybe smaller, and to shop in regular stores and not just the fat old lady department at Macys
  6. (completed)Get down to 175
  7. (completed)No longer be clinically obese
  8. (completed)Get down to 155
  9. (completed)Have a normal BMI
  10. Get down to 125 (possible goal weight?)
  11. Be in a true size 6
  12. Have a body fat percentage in the 18 - 22% range
  13. Get my resting pulse rate into the low 50s
  14. (completed)Walk 10,000 steps a day at least 4 days a week
  15. (completed)Complete a 5K
  16. Complete a Sprint Triathlon
  17. Complete a Sprint Triathlon in under 2:30
  18. Complete a Century Ride
  19. Complete a 10K
  20. Be able to run a marathon
  21. Complete an Ironman or at least a HIM
  22. Give my inner "skinny bitch" the body she deserves.
  23. Live into my 90s as one of those cantakerous little old ladies with 10x as much energy as the youngsters I run circles around (so far so good)

Some of these are pretty long-term though. I'm not going to feel "not done" until I'm in my 90s and know how much energy I have, for example. I'm sure I'll feel done much sooner than that.

So when will I be done?

All I can say is: I'll know when I know. But the body fat % and size goals are probably the two key "done" goals on my current list.

Fatty Fights Back: GGGOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!

Congratulations MacMadame,

I'm an avid cyclist too, (or was, I have two bicycles), and in a couple more weeks, I'll be riding. It must feel wonderful to have completed most of your goals. :(

Congratulations Mac! You have really accomplished a lot.

You should be very proud!

Mac, you have done amazing and are a huge inspiration to all of us!!!!

Congrats Mac!

Your hard work and determination have paid huge dividends for you!

You ask a question that I have too asked many times. "What exactly is goal?" I set my ticker goal according to BMI solely. But I've felt comfortable with where I am for awhile now - even though I havn't hit "the number."

It does make me wonder, though, if I'll really feel much different then than I do no now - probably not.

Congrats!

Brad

Yea!!!!!!

I am hoping to be halfway to goal by the end of the month.

Thank you for all your posts.

MacMadame, didn't you used to have a link to a sleeve group on the daily plate in your signature?

Mac, I'm so impressed I only had one goal originally and that was to get healty. After reading so many posts like yours I have a list. It must feel so wonderful to of accomplished your original goals and be embarking on new ones. I wish you all the best

MacMadame, didn't you used to have a link to a sleeve group on the daily plate in your signature?

Yes, but I use My Fitness Pal now so I took it out. :smile:

If you go to the Daily Plate, you can look up "Sleevesters United" and join that way.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you. You did the work and got the results and you're a role model for those of us who are working towards our own goals. I have NO doubt you'll be 100 years old and kicking ass!