Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 1st and I can't wait

Hello everyone

This is my first post on here. What a great site! I am booked for lap-band surgery in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Excited and scared all at the same time and much more research to do.

hello I am also waiting for april 1st. I am having surgery at Fountain Valley hospital in CA. I will be starting my 2 week liquid diet next wednesday... I am determined that this will be the tool that will finally help me be healthy again..

Hello Mullderfamily 4

Congrats. I have been thinking about doing this for over a year. My BMI is 33 and at first I was turned down because I didn't need to lose enough. However, I have recently gained even more weight and feel out of control. I called again and viola!! Booked for April 1st. I do not know when I start the liquid thing - I have not yet received anything specific except the date of surgery but I am hoping it arrives any day now. How much time are you planning on taking off work (if you work that is?):thumbup:

i will be band April 17,2009 in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I can hardly wait. Any one with words of advice . :crying:

Good luck! I'm booked in 2nd April, New Zealand. Freaking out a bit, Day 5 of pre-op diet at the moment - not as bad as I thought - first three/four days were awful, but feeling pretty good at the moment! 10 sleeps left!!!:crying:

Good luck! I'm booked in 2nd April, New Zealand. Freaking out a bit, Day 5 of pre-op diet at the moment - not as bad as I thought - first three/four days were awful, but feeling pretty good at the moment! 10 sleeps left!!!:frown:

omw i LOVE this way of counting. everythign in our family is by how many sleeps are left! *grin* i can't wait for your sleeps to be over and your day to be here!! :(

To all my April 1st bandsters, how are we doing let know!? So i dont feel so alone lol!!!

Hi

I was banded yesterday. Not feeling great that is for sure. I had a hysterectomy in July and that was an easier recovery, mind you I had a morphen pump at my disposable. They also had to repair my hernia yesterday. My liver was apparently beautiful so drinking all that Meditrim was well worth it. I was not overly impressed with the staff at the clinic. I sat waiting in the waiting room for 46 minutes before I was acknowledged and a wee panic attach had set in. I have very small veins and had to be poked a few times, that is normal for me though. When I woke up it was the pain in the shoulder that was really odd. It was worse than when I dislocated it a few months ago - perhaps that injury made it worse. :) Today I have walked, slept, read and have been pain free for hours, had a shower, slept. It is getting better - I am hopeful tomorrow that I can get dressed. I am alergic to Tylenol so am on some other pain killer. I think sleeping and walking are the best things. I did wonder for a minute or two why I went through with this, but that is a passing thought. I am sure by Saturday I'll be doing cart wheels :smile2:. Good luck to all of you coming up to banding, we all know in the long run it will be well worth it. I have absolutely no desire to eat...anything. I do wish I could have a cup of tea - which I can tomorrow - I can't wait. :mellow:

Mommad,seems like ur doing better than me hun lol...I also have bad veins but they only poked me once and it was the anaethesialogist...The nurses didn't want to attempt....I did pretty much what u did today...Slept,walked and slept some more. But I am having pain thats for sure, and most of it is horrible gas pains. I only took the pain meds this morning and haven't taken anymore, I took tylenol, and i figured that I'll take the pain meds tonight so I can atleast get some shut eye...Well keep me posted let me know how ur doing these couple days!

Hi All!

I was banded on April 1st and spent one night in the hospital and another night at a friend's house, and I have to say I'm feeling pretty darn good! I'm a little sore, but in general, I'm pretty comfortable and have been sleeping great. It was wonderful to have a shower earlier today! I've been taking my Lortab every four hours faithfully, so I imagine that has helped quite a bit, but I am already pretty mobile. I had a great staff at the hospital!

So far so good ... bring on the rest of the new me!

:scared2: Kaner :thumbup: