Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I completed the six-month supervised diet, the support group meetings, the pre-surgery testing, the letters of support from my PCP and others and, like a good girl, submitted it to my surgeon's office. I was approved by my insurance company on December 30, but have yet to get a date.

When will I get a date?!

My insurance coordinator told me all my paperwork was in and that she'd passed my information along to the scheduler. I followed up and left a phone message with the scheduler and still no date.

I want a date! Is this normal? Why no date?

Losing it in the Motor City:confused:

Well, it doesn't sound normal to me. I think I'd call the scheduler everyday until you get your date. Good luck.

I agree with both of you. I was approved by insurance on January 14 and had a surgery date less than a week later. You have to make it a hobby now and call everyday. Good luck :cursing:

Julie

I completed the six-month supervised diet, the support group meetings, the pre-surgery testing, the letters of support from my PCP and others and, like a good girl, submitted it to my surgeon's office. I was approved by my insurance company on December 30, but have yet to get a date.

When will I get a date?!

My insurance coordinator told me all my paperwork was in and that she'd passed my information along to the scheduler. I followed up and left a phone message with the scheduler and still no date.

I want a date! Is this normal? Why no date?

Losing it in the Motor City:confused:

I feel you pain. I made the decision in March of 2008 to have this done, thinking I could get it over the summer and not miss work. Well, after going to McLaren and talking getting my phych eval, I was excited and ready to go. Then her results came in and she said I needed 12 sessions of therapy to deal with my "emotional eating," and another 6 weeks of group therapy after that... HA. I did the 12 sessions and took myself to Hurley. I am happy I did, but had to get my surgery over X-mas break- which really sucked. That is a long wait when you are psyched up and ready to go!!!

Hi beautylocs, keep calling the scheduler and/or ask for the office manager to move this forward.

My paper work submitted to the insurance company on October 14, the insurance company approved October 15, and on October 16 the bariatric center gave me a surgery date for November 11.

Thanks to all for the advice. I called the scheduler again today, got her on the phone and got a date. February 16 I join the world of the banded and I'm very excited. I look forward to sharing my successes and challenges

Best to all!

Thanks to all for the advice. I called the scheduler again today, got her on the phone and got a date. February 16 I join the world of the banded and I'm very excited. I look forward to sharing my successes and challenges

Best to all!

Congrats and best wishes on your journey!

Lucky for you. I have also finished all of the steps only to find out it might take up to six months to get a surgery date. I am very frustrated and upset that it may take that long.

I started this process last August.

Mine seems actually a bit backwards... my insurance company didn't require the Psyc. Evalv., but my DOC did. So, my Psyc. Evalv. is scheduled a week and a half after the insurance has already approved me. Then, they have to get the results back, which can take up to a week, before they will even schedule my surgery. So, we are looking at about a month after insurance has already approved by the time I get a date. It is frustrating, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :angry:

I too, just finished my 6 month program, then I found out today that they need my weights from the past 3 years. I don't go to the Dr. that much, so I hope I can come up with some type of documentation for that. If not, I've put all this time in and am going to have nothing to show for it. I just hope everything works out.

Congrats BeautyLocs!!! Wish it was me.