Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying to fight "Head Hunger"

Hi My name is Crystal I was banded on 10/31/2008 by Dr. Kurt Sprunger of Scottsdale Baratric. I have lost 46lbs and 6 of those were 2 weeks after my first fill on 12/16/2008.

Edited by *Crystal

Hi Crystal

you are doing really well with your weight loss. I wasbanded on 6 November and have lost 40lbs including the pre op diet.

I too am struggling with head hunger right now, especially with all the extra social occasions recently so I am glad that the holidays are over and I can get back in a routine.

I have to say though, when I compare to the amount I was eating last Christmas and New Year, I have done pretty well. This year I have felt naughty if I had one or two chocolates, last year I would have demolished whole boxes of them!

I think we have to keep in mind that we are in this for the long haul and we can do it if we put our minds to it and if we have a small lapse it isn't the end of the world.

I am getting another fill soon and I am looking forward to that as the one I had on 12 December is wearing off and I need a bit more restriction.

Good luck with keeping the head hunger at bay.

Sue

I was banded 11/17/-6 go for 6 week check up the 6th do you think they will do a fill? I am not feeling any restriction any more I have lost only 14 libs since the banning 20 since I starting the program and I am already getting discouraged..help fill me in on your weight loss journey.

Sue...you are doing a great job. Congrats on your weight loss. When I do indulge occasionally I try to remeber that it is a considerable difference than what I was eating before. But part of me can't help feeling guilty because it was the indulging that got me here in the first place. Sometimes I KNOW I shouldnt eat it but I take that little bite still. Its going to be a long journey I only hope I learn from my mistakes. I also hope I learn to make wise decision and stop beating myself up for the bad ones! :tongue2:

Memere...Its depends on your Doc but around my 6 week appt I was given a small fill and I go back on the 15th for another check up and I think Im close to needing another one. Today within 1 to 2 hours after dinner I was starving again. My Doc often says that we should only loose 4 to 10lbs a month so I think that you are doing wonderful!!! I can only take credit for 26lb because I had a lot of abnormal swelling around the band after my surgery and I ended up in the hospital 24 hours later and stayed there for 6 days. I was NPO for about 3 or 4 days and on liquids until 3 days after I got home. My swelling was so severe I was unable to even get a SIP of H20 to go down. So I had a little head start to get me going. Be proud of ever lbs you loose because each one is a great success!!!

Thanks for your words of encouragement but I am struggling not to put weight back on. I am thinking about food all the time now and not feeling full at all. I hope I get a fill on Tuesday or I think I will gain weight. My will power is not helping right now.

Memere... if we had willpower, we wouldn't have needed to be banded. I just got banded Tuesday, and I am really feeling depressed today watching my family eat. I didn't realize what it was til my husband asked if it was hard for me, and then I realized that was exactly what I was feeling. I want to eat so badly. :tt2:(

It seems like forever til I can eat real food again..... I know that this too shall pass... but for the right here and now... this is hard!

I was doing really well up until Christmas. Now i am struggling to get back on track. I think my goals are set to high and I should be happier where I am right now. I am very greatful for this we site and to have people to share with.

Good luck. Everything we are feeling, everyone on this website has felt. And if they made it.... we will too!

I do agree with one of the threads that I read where he said that the more we feed head hunger, the more hungry it is. We have the tool... now we just have to use it! In the words of the old gospel song "We shall overcome"!

You are right tho... this website does help.

:tt2:

Edited by DaMomb
added something

I am back to my pre Christmas weight. I go for my 6 week check up tomorrow. I hope I get a fill and I am looking forward to my weight in. My scale at home is about 4 lbs higher than the doctors. They are also going by my weight the day of surgery which was lower than when I started the program. Is that what they did for you.

Will this be your first fill? The weight on my ticker is from my first doctors appointment for the lap band.

I did not realize that after having the band put on, I would want to eat so badly and without any restriction, this is hard.... It has made me really depressed. I guess I thought once the band was on, I wouldn't want to eat, but that is not the case at all.... Hope you get your fill, and that things are better for you! Good luck. I am right behind you.....

This will be my first fill. banded 11/17/09 Thanks for your encouragement. As far as your feeling depressed did you every think it might be because you just had major surgery and is not related to your being hungey. Don't be so hard on your self. From what I am reading on this site it take time to loose weight and to feel full. But it looks to me that many have been sucessful. I know I am desperate to loose the weight also and I think it wil be slower than we expect.

When did you get banded? Another thought we were told it would be hard but I knew I would not know how hard until after the surgery. We all have some things in common and some things are not. Again this site has been so encouraging to me. How about you?

dont get discouraged. i had my band done in july 08 and it took 6 months before my band was full and working. until i has my 6th fill i still was unrestricted and thought what was i doing wrong, then one more tighten and its great.

Memere.. i was banded last tuesday, the 30th. True on the surgery making me depressed. Not only did I have lap band surgery, but 4 weeks before that I had my gallbladder removed. I am on an anti depressant, so it is odd to be feeling this way....

Angela.... what you say is encouraging and discouraging both.... Yay that it eventually did work... but OMG.. 6 months??!! I want to be losing weight now.... *sigh*

I am not a very good wait...er.....

I have not been secretive about this, so everyone I know is watching me expectantly.... maybe i should have kept it to myself... hindsight is definitely 20/20