Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lexapro 10 mg?in band

HELLO,Has anyone had the band in takes lexapro anti-anxiety med..because i have gained alot of weight from this med in need to know will this effect the band..thanks

i take lexapro and actually requested to come off of it prior to surgery. my bariatric coordinator begged me to stay on it until after surgery. i am only 12 days out from surgery and am now experiencing the emtional breakdown of losing my best friend, food. i am glad now that she talked me into staying on it. with that said....my entire surgical team knew that i was on lexapro from the very beginning and there was never any question or doubt from them about me taking it before or after surgery. i have had some restriction from the surgery itself, so i havent been able to tell the real effects of lexapro after surgery. (as far as the eating more) i am no doctor by any means...but, i would say that you will be fine.

I take 20 mg of Lexapro a day and have been taking it for 8 years. I even lost over 100 lbs on WW while I was taking Lexapro. So I can't say for sure that it causes me to gain weight or makes it impossible to lose.

I was banded on 11/13 and am down about 20 lbs. I have my first fill on 12/23 ... can't wait cuz right now I have no restriction and am keeping off what I've lost by sheer will power.

10mg lexapro and 6 days out of surgery and down 12lbs. Still taking my lexapro. I did take my pill and use a knife and cut it up into 4 pieces to help me get it down better because I have had such tight restriction after surgery.

After today though, I have been terribly depressed, started crying at work - not sure if has to do with cutting up pill or surgery, or loss of food, or because this has been a terrible recovery for me (not at all what I expected, after my c-section I was up and about-no problems and this one seems to be dragging on)

Good luck, I wouldn't recommend stopping taking it.

Well, I stopped taking Lexapro after surgery. I stopped my Metformin & Zocor per my surgeon and just forgot it during recovery. Saturday my hubby asked me if I'd stopped my "happy pills"...I was ashamed to tell him I had. He could tell...my anxiety is horrible..

I went back to work today and came home wound up and extremely tired. Popped open the bottle and down the 10mg went. I also have an appointment with my primary care next week for blood work. I'll discuss it with him at that time....I too gained 30lbs when I started taking the meds. BUT I'm not sure if it was really the meds or losing my mother to ALS & having an unruly teen...still have the teen :)

I am on 20mg lexapro and noticed that I have gained weight since starting it (about 30lbs in 1-2yrs). I was banded 8/25 and have lost 30lbs so far. I have noticed that other people from the "August Allstars" have lost a bit more, but I'm just happy to be losing. I also have hypothyroid and weight has ALWAYS been a problem for me, so just being able to lose anything to me is GREAT! I had 2nd fill today, so sure I'll be dropping more soon!