Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starving!!!

I'm 2 weeks post-op today. I'm on mushies, but tomorrow i will be on soft foods. For some reason, an hour after I eat, I'm hungry again. When I say hungry....I mean my stomach growls and hurts! Am I the only one experiencing this? I think that once I get my first fill, that I'll be fine. But for now...I just want to eat because I'm so freakin hungry!

My stomach growls and sometimes hurts from all the growling too. Since my band, my tummy talks in ways it never has before. I like to drink Kellogg's Protein Water, (K20), when that happens. It does have a few calories, but it also contains protein that is filling. South Beach Diet also makes something called "Tide me over" which comes in packets that can be added to a water bottle and has protein and Fiber and is filling. Hope this helps!

Lisa

Thanks so much! I've been thinking about trying the special K Protein Water, but i'm affraid that I won't like it. How does it taste? Is it anything like Protein Shakes? I'm not a fan of protein shakes, that's why I'm asking. But I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's stomach as developed a new "appetite!" LOL!

I have had a couple of moments where I felt like I was starving, but once I started to eat I got full pretty quickly.

I'm 2 weeks post-op today. I'm on mushies, but tomorrow i will be on soft foods. For some reason, an hour after I eat, I'm hungry again. When I say hungry....I mean my stomach growls and hurts! Am I the only one experiencing this? I think that once I get my first fill, that I'll be fine. But for now...I just want to eat because I'm so freakin hungry!

Hi there - I am starving, too! Lord help me! I was banded on Friday, and went back to work today. I am sore and starving. I never knew hunger was painful until Saturday. I am only allowed Slim-Fast. Guess there's nothing much I can do :-( big sigh. a new me

Hi everyone.....Im on the boat with yall. I was banded last Wed 12/3 & STARVING!! My Dr did not make it real clear when to move on to full liquids, mushies, softs....!!?? He siad use my judgement. When did you all move on to the next step. The Clear Liquids and protien shake (gag) go down fine, but Im just scared to progress. HELP!!!

Trust me, once you get a fill, you will notice a difference. Right about now, the swelling of your stomach has gone down and your band is loosing it's zing. Once that fill happens you will get the restriction you need.

I know that all Drs are different, but mine allowed Snacks. Also, soft food seems to last longer. Remember, don't drink for 30-60 minutes after meals.

Hang in there, welcome to the roller coaster ride. Personally, I love it. I have never been happier. Good Luck and take care. Debbie

Yes I know what you are going through....

I have learned to busy myself when I get like that. Go for a walk. Get a glass of Water ( if it is later than 60 min) or write what I am feeling and seeing if I am truely hungry!

You can do this!

Keri

Thanks for the help. I do agree when Im busy, I dont think about it. I have to get it together, but Im having a rough time right now. I dont have any local support groups and you all on the forum are my only hope. I will probably be back frequently, just keep me on track. Shopping and eating were my 2 hobbies and I cant do either right now...(my hubby wont let me drive yet. I think there is a reason for his madness...can we say $$$. He doesnt want me to go "overdrive" on the shopping:lol:)

Hi everyone.....Im on the boat with yall. I was banded last Wed 12/3 & STARVING!! My Dr did not make it real clear when to move on to full liquids, mushies, softs....!!?? He siad use my judgement. When did you all move on to the next step. The Clear Liquids and protien shake (gag) go down fine, but Im just scared to progress. HELP!!!

Hi Baby fever you are on day 8 My Doctor told me WEEKS TWO AND THREE (8-22). At this time, you may Begin adding soft, moist, SOLD food, like

Cottage cheese

String cheese

eggs any style

Tofu

Low fat yogurt

Refried Beans

Deli chicken or Turkey

Baked Fish

tuna with fat-free mayo

How much he said 1-2 oz

I am at day 23 have talked with the Doctors about hunger and am now at 3 oz of food per meal with no fill in the band

When eating Protein at all meals if you have room OK to add well cooked vegetables like green Beans, carrots, mushrooms,beets, (broccoli,cauliflower but tips only),canned/cooked, peeled tomatoes.

Canned fruit (unsweetened)

Take Protein drinks between meals the most impotent thing right now for us is not to stretch the new pouch and let the stomach heal 4 to 5 weeks. Now is the time for WILL POWER OVER FOOD.

Good Luck

Edited by Old Goat

Old Goat, thank you-thank you!! I did have some refried Beans today and it went well. Yes, for me it is a mind game and I have to play my cards right. WILLPOWER is the name of the game. The more I get on these forums, the better it is. And keeping busy is the main thing for me.

Are any of you sticking to the 1/2 cup of food that we're supposed to eat? Sometimes the 1/2 cup doesn't do it, especially when I eat Soup and I end up eating a little more. At first, I wasn't thinking about stretching the pouch, but now I'm concerned and wondering if I have already done that. :rolleyes2: But I'm trying and it's a hard process. IDK if the food is just going through the band faster or what since I have no fill. I can't wait to get the first fill. The 30th can't come fast enough!