Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone-

My names Laura, and Im from PA. I just had surgery on 10/27/08 at Barix Clinics in Langhorne, and my surgeon was Dr. Boe. I have a lot of questions, and I would love to help be support for others who are preop as well.

Im looking forward to meeting others and would love to chat anytime! im usually online and my screen name and email is ManicLN187@aol.com and Im constantly on here, OH, and the Barix boards, so If you would like to chat on here, then that would be great too!:tongue:

Laura

Hi newbie from Pa. I am from NJ and have been banded for just over a year. If you have any questions, post them and they will get answered or you can come to the chat room and learn alot. That's where I got most of my questions answered. I have had a lot of success with the band but weight loss is slow even with a good diet and exercise program. Don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't move right away or even stops and gains. It happens, but it always reverses itself. Keep doing the good stuff regardless of what the scale says. I always say measure too along with the scale. Sometimes you will see more results there then the scale itself. Follow your docs instructions and meal guidelines and you will be fine. All docs are different so you may get many opinions on what or what not to eat. Always go by your doc so he knows how to guage any problems you might have.

Good luck with your journey and visit us on the chat. You can email me directly here if you have any questions you need answered right away!:tongue::smile:

Hey Laura

Im cindy i also had surgery at the barix clinic with dr boe on 9/8! How are u doin so far?? Im doin great sometimes i get port discomfort but nothin 2 bad...good luck and hope to hear from u soon

hey cindy,

I know you from the barix boards lol! great seein ya on here too :thumbup: im doing pretty good, just port pain now. I was finally able to have a shake today and not feel sick off of it **thumbs up** which was awesome, thats gotta mean im healing more- cause Ive never thrown up, but i really felt sick whenever i drank them before.

how you been? whats up where you are?

Edited by Laura Vaughn

hey!! thanks so much for the reply! yea i heard the weightloss is slower, but I'm actually fine with that, every other time ive lost wieght really fast ive either packed it back on, or ive gotten really sick from it. so far so good though- ive lost my Water and air weight from surgery, so im back at square 1. I lost 30 before surgery, so in a way, even though I havent lost anything from the actual surgery itself, i still have a sense of accomplishment cause I got myself down 23 myself and then an additional 7 from being on Dr. Boe's liquid diet before I went in that day.

Laura