Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill question for my fellow Realize Banders

Hello fellow Realize banders.

I've had the Realize Band 4 months and received a fill yesterday that took me to 5cc's total. I was curious how many cc's did it take you guys to reach restriction. I know everyone is different but I'm just curious. :)

I took 3 fills for me to feel any restriction at all. I am up to 8.5 cc's in an 11 cc band. I was very frustrating at first, I was getting so discouraged until that 3rd fill.

Hang in there!

I am almost 4 months out and I have lost NO weight what so ever!!! I am not goin got kncok the band but I have done alot of reading and I have noticed that the people whom chose realize band is losing slower and is taking lots more fills to even get to the point of restriction. I am at 5.5 and I have called for another fill only 3 weeks later. I also feel that my doctor is too conservative, I mean his satement last fill made sense, he said how far do you live form here and I am like 20 minutes why? And he said I don't want you to wake me at 2am in the morning and say you can't even swallow your won spit. I was like :) so this may be the reason you don't want to fill me....I am putting my foot down!!!! I didn't fork over 17k and not succeed. I know I have to play my part but I have one question where is the switch from going from obese and beign bad to completely being good with no restrition how can one be so disaplined?????

I just had my 4th fill this week, which put me at 6.75 ccs. Based on how I feel so far on soft solids, I'm not anticipating that I'll have great restriction. (Except for bread-related stuff. I couldn't eat Bagels or rolls after my 2nd fill).

I'm trying to be patient, but it's frustrating not to be losing weight! I realize that I have my part to do in making good choices, but the band is supposed to be doing it's part, too!

I just had my 4th fill this week, which put me at 6.75 ccs. Based on how I feel so far on soft solids, I'm not anticipating that I'll have great restriction. (Except for bread-related stuff. I couldn't eat Bagels or rolls after my 2nd fill).

I'm trying to be patient, but it's frustrating not to be losing weight! I realize that I have my part to do in making good choices, but the band is supposed to be doing it's part, too!

Ummm AMEN!!! :)

I was banded on May 20th and I have had my third fill on Last Thursday. That brought me to 5cc. I still do not have complete restriction and I am losing weight slowly. Monday night I ate a piece of cornbread and I immediately had a pain in my chest and i began to slime. I became so excited because I thought I finally was getting some restriction. I can still eat what I want and I hate it. I have the realize band and when I got my last fill, I mentioned to my doctor that I had lost and gained the same 7 pounds and he told me that he expected that to happen. wtf?? I have been exercising and I know that I should start making better food choices, but this is frustrating. I think the realize band does cause slower weight loss.

I was banded Aug 4 with the Realize Band have not had a fill yet. I am one of those that has had good restriction from the beginning. I have lost 21.6 pounds. Not great, but momentous from me. :crying:

I had my first fill (4 cc) four weeks after banding. I felt a restriction right away, but I've lost another 8 lbs in the 3 weeks since the fill and I'm not feeling any restriction at all. Late last week I was able to eat more than I usually could without any discomfort.

I've got another fill scheduled for tomorrow. It's just a matter of rolling with it. As you loose more weight, you lose fat around your stomach that was helping with the restriction cause by the band. So the more you lose, the more cc's you need in your band.

Bryan

[/url]

weight.png

Thanks for the great info ... I haven't had a fill yet (they pushed it back to week 7 because of scheduling, and I feel like I could eat a horse! I went to the Dodgers game last night, and I split a Dodger Dog with w/ boyfriend and snacked on peanuts and garlic fries.

bread does not go down well AT ALL. Everything else seems to be fine.

I guess I'll hang in there too ...

I had my first fill (4 cc) four weeks after banding. I felt a restriction right away, but I've lost another 8 lbs in the 3 weeks since the fill and I'm not feeling any restriction at all. Late last week I was able to eat more than I usually could without any discomfort.

I've got another fill scheduled for tomorrow. It's just a matter of rolling with it. As you loose more weight, you lose fat around your stomach that was helping with the restriction cause by the band. So the more you lose, the more cc's you need in your band.

Bryan

I have had one fill and have done well. I do have two friends that we all live by and see eachother weekly. We are all so different. One has had 4 fills and is still struggleing and has not lost that much... BUT she drinks a lot of calories, something to watch and look at honestly. The other has had two fills and is losing slowly but thinks it sould just drop off daily by the truck loads so we need to be realisic too. I was drinking Water with meals and things were going slow but I put that in check and stopped drinking unless completely nessary and have lost more quickly. It is hard and I know people experance the band in many different ways. I am glad we have this forum.