Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from SA TExas

Hi, My real nickname is Choosie. I am going to be 53 in a few days and I weigh 260 pounds ..a little less since my last doctor visit. I will be having the lap band surgery on the 25th of this month. I am on a high Protein Meal Replacement drink. YUC!!! I have been on this drink for three days now. I just keep telling myself it is all going to be worth it. I just have to get past the cravings and the headaches. The shakiness and being hateful...to my partner who insists on tempting me with his cooking. He says it will build up my resistness...I think it's just damn cruel.:wink_smile: So I need someone to talk to to so Iwill not fail at this endeavor. I have a lot to gain from this surgey, my health is the most important of all. The need to feel sexy again and not look my age..people say I look 35 now anyway..i am open to any and all comments.

IMHO your partner deserves what he gets since he's being intentionally cruel to you. My husband, when at home, ate what I could, God bless him.

Thanks, at first he was like I will eat out before coming home and then wham here he comes in with my favorite Pasta salad fixins. I just know I can do this, but I need better support. My doctor told me join an online support group.

good luck to you. We're all different but if my husband felt he had to undermine me that way, we'd be in therapy. I'm serious, too. I don't know if just an online support group will help you when you have an enemy who wants you to fail at home.

I have a question. I had the surgery on June 23 of this year. My band is 9cc. I am already 6 cc. I still can eat more than I should. I have lost 30 pounds, but 10 was before surgery on the liquid diet. I'm worried it's not working.

rst from what I've been told you may need more restriction. Are you eating no more than 1 cup of food, no longer than 30 minutes, chewing well...but get hungry sooner than about 4 to 5 hours? OR are you just picking the wrong kind of foods? Actually 20 pounds since june isn't that bad....remember, we're supposed to lose 1-2 pounds a week. If you're losing that much, you're perfect!

I have so much to learn. I have been to seminars and have a friend who has had this done. I just want to get past this meal replacement drinks and on to the surgery, I will eat slowly and savor every bite of food i eat for the rest of my life. lol

weight.png

Hi Choosie! I just wanted to say hi from Chattanooga! I saw from one of your other posts that you have family all around here. Good luck on your journey!