Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought for the liquid stage....

Okay i have decided that the reason we can only have liquids for a set period of time after surgery is that when we go back to eating we will actually crave the right foods. I have two more weeks and i would give anything for a salad or some grilled veggies!:shades_smile:

LOL you know that's not REALLY why, don't you?

Thanks. I personally can't believe that I'm looking forward to getting a 1/2 cup of applesauce on friday (mushie day) that's just wrong. LOL but you are right. I want food. They tell me...have jello..well YUCK! I would kill for a 3 oz portion of baked fish. really. I'm with you. let's start a union.

I could not eat or drink liquid any longer, I am 8 days post op and the thought of drinking liquid again was yuck! I am eating mushies but tried regular food and was able to do it but was scared to. Lost 9 pounds in 2 days which was Fluid I am sure. When will I start really losing weight I am ready to proceed. Oh the trapped gas from surgery sucks, still having those pains not as intense but still there and when it is taking pain meds help but heck its aggravating

Loper...right now it really isn't "able" to, it's "should" Man I don't want to sound like the band police (I held a can of refried Beans yesterday and cried, to be honest, but I didn't open them) but your stomach needs to heal and when it digests (mushies, real food, etc) it CHURNS like a little washer. That can rip out where your band is sewn into place and while you may not feel anything now, down the road you'll suffer slippage and/or erosion and wonder why.

Please try to tough it out and follow your doc's diet. It's hard, we all know! But there's a reason why...

You'll get through and be proud and your band will heal like it should!

yea i am trying like heck to stop doing it usually its like egg or chix salad and usually only once a day. I eat lots of popsicles (my fav anyways) when do you really start losing weight. I am impatient

Jackie you are a grown up so I won't fuss any further...except to tell you all it takes is once to pull your stitches loose. Your stomach will work to digest one egg or 12. Doesn't matter to it...it's going to go to town on it.

And...honestly I've lost 9 pounds in the last week, plus the 14 I put on during surgery day. Down 41.4 pre and post op. I probably started higher than you (not many bandsters weigh as much as me...I think at my weight most go for bypass not sure)

Hang in there. It's hard, but so worth it!

Ok, I am LOVING this topic! Today is only Day 5 for me and I was in tears this afternoon standing in my pantry doorway breathing in the smells of the 'carbs' that my hubby and daughter get to munch on. UGH!

So far so good though, I have lost 8lbs in 5 days but I am SO SICK of liquids I could scream. :teeth_smile:

Something I wanted to recommend was a FANTASTIC Soup I had today. It is one of my favorites when I am sick and it is broth based (fish stock) so my hubby brought it home for me and we strained it for my diet this week and it ROCKED!!!. You can get it from your local Vietnamese Restaurant. It is called 'Bun Suong' (House Special Vermacelli with Shrimp & Pork).

Let me just explain this soup and what you will do when you get it home: You get a HUGE container of Fish Stock, then a to-go box filled with vermicelli noodles, cilantro, mint, 2 boiled shrimp, roasted pork, bean sprouts, lime wedge, jalapenos, & onions. Be sure to ask fo some 'fish sauce' on the side (fish stock, carrots, spices, all mixed together in small container) really adds to the flavor of the broth. Place everyting in large bowl EXCEPT the noodles (you don't want the carbs to even cook in the broth) and the fresh jalapenos are up to you. I would do ONE since your tummy is sensitive right now. So toss the noodles and the japs and let everything else soak into the broth for about 10 minutes. Strain it, funnel the broth into a rubbermaid pitcher to save for later and pour yourself a cup! It is so good you will flip! Totaly settled my tummy. I had a rough day yesterday, the thought of any more liquids made me sick & this really helped...made me feel like I was eating food (because of the flavor).

Anyway, just sharing a great find! Hope you like it! :shades_smile: