Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am doing everything I am supposed to do but sometimes I have restriction and can't eat and sometimes I don't so I may eat a little too much but overall not eating near what I was and I am not losing - it is weird to say but I feel like if I had eaten as few calories as I am now without the band I would have lost at least as much or maybe more - I was banded on June 27 and I think I am down about 10 lbs. I went in for one fill but had a sinus infection so I only got 1 cc and should have gotten another .5 so I am getting it next Monday maybe that will help. I get depressed about how slow it is coming off and I feel guilty if I eat because I want to lose weight so badly. This is just a venting post more than anything. Thanks.

i was banded June 26th and have only lost 18 so far so please dont feel bad,we are on the slow moving team! LOL

PJ, I feel exactly the same as you. I even had my second fill yesterday for a total of 3.5 in an 8 cc band and I still don't feel much restriction but I certainly do feel HUNGRY. I thought the band was supposed to help us with our hunger so we can successfully limit our portions. I keep being reassured that the first 2 to 3 months are difficult for a lot of people but if I just stick to the rules, I'll get through to the other side and will start seeing some good results.

Hey there,

I'm about 8 1/2 months out of surgery now, and I just wanted to reassure you that my first 3-4 months were the slowest of all. I was frustrated, disappointed, and was doing everything right. Keep up your good work. I've now lost a little over 65 pounds and am more than half way to my goal. The weightloss will eventually come, just don't give up on doing what you know to be right. If you're still concerned, talk with your surgeon. Check in with your dietician, and attend a support group meeting if possible. My weight loss was initially really slow, but at about 5 months I started losing far more steadily. Don't give up. Eat as directed, move a little every day, and keep at it. You will get there! :thumbup:

Its takin me 6months to lose 29lbs ..but so what I'm still losing and that what matters try to add a extra work out a week and that will help..I just got a wii fit it great

I feel the same way as you all-i was banded may 22, 2008 and filled twice and to date only lost 18lbs. I have gained faith from reading on this site that as the fills approach 4-6cc that the weight loss increases. So I am going to hang in there plus my husband just got a new gym in our basement so my body is going to be moving more and losing more. :thumbup: Thanks for all the info everyone-

omg It kills me... or more like depresses me that i have friends who lost so much so fast with the band.. but nooooo not me. 6 MONTHS AN D 25 lbs down..But i tryto stay positive. i wouldnt have lost it with out it and it keeps coming off just SOOOOO slow. keep ur chin up

You need to move!!! work out every day even if its just walking a few miles, it will be key in reaching your goals.

Good luck :thumbup:

If it makes you feel any better (well not better) but I have not lost anyting and I was banded on the 26th of June. I am beginning to get depressed myself. And I now have 4.2 cc in my band I did feel a little restriction but it went away. :thumbup:

Edited by rcruz

I can definitely understand your frustration. I was banded on June 4,2008 and drop the first 20lbs in the first 3weeks but then after my first fill I only lost 4lbs in 4 weeks so I was alittle depress but the DR. said I was doing fine. Keep up the work and it will happen!!!

Until you have good restriction, you aren't likely to make a lot of progress or lose weight if: 1) you aren't eating the prescribed diet or 2) you aren't moving enough. While most people will tell you it's simple math, you need to burn more calories than you consume, it doesn't always work that way for everyone.

I will assure you, though, if you follow the instructions, still to nutritious foods and portions, move a little every day (vacuuming counts!) and work closely with your surgeon and nutritionist, you will lose weight. Some of us have really had to work at this---others have more immediate results. Don't compare yourselves to others on here. You may lose differently. Measure yourself. I have my trainer weigh and measure me regularly. 2-3 months after surgery I had lost about 20 pounds but went down several inches in bust, waist, hips--even my arms and legs! Realize that not every victory will be on the scale.

Many people do not adequately change their diet with the lapband. This isn't magic. It may work for some, but clearly that won't work for you. Measure everything you eat. Account for all of it. Check in with your nutritionist. Mine was tremendously helpful. We've tracked my diet, exercise, and progress and played with my diet accordingly. I needed more calories and more Protein for adequate weightloss. Be sure you're drinking enough Water AND getting enough sleep. It's all a balancing act, but each person is different. If you keep track of all of it, you'll figure out what your body needs and be able to tweak the diet accordingly.

Good luck. Don't give up! Weightloss will improve when you have adequate restriction. :thumbup:

I did feel a little restriction but it went away. :thumbup:

People if you have little or no restriction then your band will not working as designed!! Please dont get all worked up just call your doc and get a fill, its that EASY.

I can understand all these frustations. For me it is only until now that I feel decent restriction and I have been able to loose more weight. In the beginning was very quick weight lost, then I stalled on the same weight and now I am with 7cc's on my band and I think that is the point where I should be. Don't get discouraged, sometimes our bodies need time to adjust and keep going.

BTW, I was banded May 27, 2008.

Regards

Vicky