Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello everyone!!!

hello, my name is jason. im going to be banded on the 26 of august. 3 days to go. i cant wait. i live in attalla, alabama. my band doctor is dr. miles @ st.vincents east. im very heppy with him and his staff of other doctors. dr.miles was the first one to do the lap band in alabama. and has done over 450 to this day. he is also a realize band doctor. which im hoping to be getting. i spend most of my time on the alabama section. but im need to visist here more.

i seen there was one more parson from alabama getting banded the 26th. where are you from and whos doing it?

i cant wait but im scared at the same time. i will take any helpful hints and tips you want to give.

thanks

jason r

Not from AL either but dont get yourself tripped out. I just had suregery 4 days ago and i feel better every day. Its painful at first with the gas and incisions but its all worth it. Good luck1

Welcome to the board Jason! At the top of our board is a list of the nearly 400 folks that we know are being banded this month. I checked out the list and here are some folks from AL. There's only one from there being done on the same day...but many this month. Some of them we don't see in here but you can send them a private message!

Hope2bthinrn, Semmes, 1st

Rolltide, Montgomery, 4th

SLIMkim2B, 5th

moonandstarzz, Gurley, 13th

jandamom, Birmingham, 14th

Marie alverson, Pell City, 21st

Maribelle, 26th

heather113076, Birmingham area, 29th

Welcome to the board! Good luck with your surgery.

Try to get your pain med prescription filled before you go to the hospital, if you can! It will be nice to have them ready when you go home. Make sure you are stocked up on Protein drinks too. I lot of people have used Gas-X, but I never did.

The biggest thing is to remember to get up and move. Walking is the best thing to get the gas moving and out or your body. Water is also important, sip, sip, sip! Don't get behind and get dehydrated, it is hard to get caught up!

Good luck with your surgery, let us know how it goes!

Welcome to the forum Jason. I am getting banded the day before you. It gets more and more exciting as it gets closer. Good luck with your surgery.

Hi Jason and Welcome!! You'll find a lot of helpful hints on this site and it is nice to have some people going through the same things you are to bounce ideas off! Not long now!

thanks everyone. its getting closer. i cant wait. im glad to see thats there a great support group here.

hows everyone else doing?

momcof3, how you doing?

i hope everythng gos great for you. i guess we can take this togather and see how will do since we are getting banded the sameday. hows your liquid diet going today?

by the way i tried out tea with splenda this morning not bad at all. and wife likes it to. and im drinking some chicken broth mixed with the broth from chicken noodle Soup. i figured it will go farther if i mixed the two togather, and its not bad. well i got alittle under 4 hours until i have to take the fleet. so im going to run to Walmart and get a few things i forgot to get. like gas-x and so on. i will check in later.:rolleyes:

I don't have to do a liquid diet today. I had to take 3 tblsp of Milk of Magnesia this a.m. and I have to stop eating at 6 pm with only Clear liquids until midnight. I have been on a 1200 calorie food plan since orientation and it goes right up to today at 6 pm, but I am going to have Soup for dinner at 5 pm. I made my trip to Walmart already yesterday and got my Gas X strips after reading about them on the forum. I have been writing down questions to ask tomorrow as I think of them. I need to ask about the Protein drinks as they did not mention them at all as an option for after the post op clear liquid days. Good luck and I will think good thoughts for you tomorrow.

Pam

I don't have to do a liquid diet today. I had to take 3 tblsp of Milk of Magnesia this a.m. and I have to stop eating at 6 pm with only Clear Liquids until midnight. I have been on a 1200 calorie food plan since orientation and it goes right up to today at 6 pm, but I am going to have Soup for dinner at 5 pm. I made my trip to Walmart already yesterday and got my Gas X strips after reading about them on the forum. I have been writing down questions to ask tomorrow as I think of them. I need to ask about the Protein drinks as they did not mention them at all as an option for after the post op clear liquid days. Good luck and I will think good thoughts for you tomorrow.

Pam

i was told that on the clear liquid diet that if you can see threw it at room temp. then its ok. and i asked about the Protein mix and they said no until full liquids. im aslo writing down question as i think of them, if not i wont remember them in the morning.haha they called me and told me to be there at 9am so its going to be a long morning with nothing to drink.

its funny how every doctor is differnt. i had to start a clear liquid diet this morning and take some fleet soda stuff to clean me out at 2pm. which is nasty to drink. i hope i got everything i need for when i get home. if not wal-mart is like 5 blocks down the road and the wife will be here. :smile2:

i will check back in later. :lol: