Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! I'm glad to have found this site. I am 5 days post op and feeling allot of diffrent things. The biggest feeling- regret, I am so misrable, weak and I just feel terrible in general. Is it something I'm doing or this the way we should feel. I was so excited to get the surgery but I'm hungry all the time, tired and just plain sick. My husband and family have bent over backwards to help me but nothings working:( Anyway if anyone has any helpful thoughts my ears are open:) I haven't shared with my friends because I just feel this is private so I have no one to talk to... Thanks all:confused_smile:

I was the same way initially. I had my surgery on 07/01 and I cried the first week. I was hungry, shaky, weak and generally did not feel like myself. I can say this I feel great now and wouldn't give it back for anything! Hang in there, it gets better once you start encorporating more substantial food. The clear liquid phase is rough. I know you will feel better in a week or so though. It took me a good 2.5 weeks before I felt even remotely good.

Several things come to mind...First, welcome to the site. I believe you will gain some much information here. This site has been a God-send to me. I check in at least once day....most days 2 or 3 times. I search by a topics i.e. gas, recipes, before and after pics etc. Secondly, please know that you will probably begin to feel like yourself again in two weeks. Rest as you need to but remember you're on a life-long journey. Lastly, and pardon me for being so personal but you didn't say how much weight you had to lose which may be an indication as to how uncomfortable you are. At 5-days post op you should be feeling much better, taking care of yourself and walking as much as possible (at least that's what was outlined in my post surgery info). Last question..have you contacted your surgeon?

I think you're doing the right thing by coming to this website. I haven't even had my surgery yet but some days I'm excited about it coming up and some days I'm a nervous wreck. Reading posts out here always helps whether they are positive or negative. I wish I could offer more help, hang in there! If you're looking for someone to email, feel free to post back and I'll give you my email. Again, I don't know exactly what you're going through but I'd be more then happy to support you in anyway!

I too had the "OMG what have I done"? feeling for about a week to 10 days. It gradually subsided and now 3 months out I am soooo happy I had it done. Give yourself time to adjust and heal, walk a lot, and follow doctors orders.

I think you will feel much better in a few days...............

I'm five days out today. I'm starting to feel better, but the first few days were pretty rocky. I still tire easily. I still need naps at unexpected moments, but I'm getting a little better every day.

This is the tough part, and we will get through it.

We won't feel like this forever. We made a wise decision in the interest of our health and our quality of life, long term. This is pay in advance. We get our payback later.

Be good to yourself, and allow yourself time to heal. Not everyone bounces back. I know I didn't.

Almost every seasoned bandster I know, loves their band and wouldn't part with it for the world. Hold that thought. And, think also about how you'll feel this time next year when you are 50-100 pounds slimmer!

Gentle Hugs,

Orea

I haven't had this surgery but have had others, like a complete hysterectomy. I heard of others walking as soon as they got back to their rooms and going back to work a week later.. It took me 3 days to come out of the anesthesia, and another few days to get over the nausea.. we are all different and there are a lot of factors that contribute to how fast we recoup. We are all overweight, short of breath most likey, out of shape and exhausted from not being healthy.. Don't give in to the bad feelings, its going to get better and you will start to forget most of these awful feelings in no time..

prayers for you,, hope your up and about soon

cbhill12- I had my surgery four days ago, i feel pretty yucky at times. LOTS of gas. But I just keep thinking of the bigger picture. Like someone else wrote, just think of how good you are going to feel a year from now 50-100lbs lighter!! I know its hard and but just try to hang in there, thank goodness you have a supportave husband and family. You may want to call your doctor and let them know exactly how you feel. Everyone is different and reacts differently to surgical procedures. This is a major surgery and its going to take time to get back on your feet. I am going to go back to work tomorrow, i don't know that i am 100% ready, but they do not know what i had done so i really can not take more time off. I am lucky i do bookkeeping, i really am not on my feet at all. What type of diet does your doctor have you on? What I do is time my meals every 2 1/2 hours. I have a Protein Shake, i have a cup of Soup, i"ll lhave a scoop of frozen yogart. I have also mixed the cream of chicken soup with the cream of potato. I put in a blender to make sure all of the chunks are gone, add 1 cup of skim milk and mix. This may help a little because it is a cream soup which is a little more filling. (it depends on what type of diet your doc has you on) Also keep sipping Water, and oh sugar free frozen fruit pops, their great and they give you someting to even chew on if you miss that. I hope some of the ideas i gave you help a little. I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time!!!!!

Sue

Thank you for the kind words:) It's good to know that this will not last forever:rolleyes2: I guess I have just always bounced back easily and this has not been easy at all. I'm so glad I found a place that others understand...Thanks Carrie

I have 100lbs to lose. I am on liq for 5 days full liq 7 days and then soft for 5 days. I hope I make it:) Also how do you all have a tracker on your replys they are so cute and seems like a fun way to keep track. Thanks everyone for all the support and ideas. I haven't contacted my doc but to be honest I met him all of twice, once for the initial visit and again on my surgery so I really don't feel comfy calling him but maybe I should anyway. Thanks again everyone--Carrie

Edited by cbhill12
wanted to add my name

try www.tickerfactory.com

that is where i get mine and i got that from someone on the site...

i am 7 days out and i am truly feeling good a tiny bit sore still but not anything tylenol wont or cant fix....

keep at it and go to the chat alot of the people go there it is a live chat and people are always willing to give you ideas and great support!!!!!