Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay i went to my 1 mth checkup and i have lsot 21 lbs. :) But because i lost 21 lbs my surgeon will not do a fill. He scheduled me back Sept 22nd for a 3 mth checkup. I kinda think i eat to much. I had my surgery done in frankfurt germany and he just kept saying to watch my portions. My question is will i know if im hurting my band? Like say stretching my pouch? or a slip? Has anyone had these things and noticed them? i figure i can eat about 2 cups of food, i think i should just eat 1 so im trying to limit myself because i don't want no problems. I have some restriction because i sure could eat alot more before band, but have not had an actual fill and like i said won't probably get one till end of sept. unless i really need one

Hi and congrats....We lived in Germany my dad was stationed there..I got my band on 4/28/08 and just had my first fill on 8/28/08 I had lost 38 pounds in that 3 months and my doc really did not want to do a fill but I was eating everything in sight girl!!!! I just insisted he do the fill I was under the impression that it was up to the patient when to get the fill because we know what we eat and know whether or not we feel restricted...I was eating about two cups of food and did not do any damage to the band or pouch ...since I had my fill this past monday oh get ready for this.. I have lost 4 pounds ....I can't eat much of anything but the hunger is still there....I tried to eat a tiny piece of meat last night thought I would die....chewed it up to nothing....everyone says it will get better...because of swelling after the fill...I will try again today.....

Each doctor is different, mine won't do a fill till you are no longer consistently losing weight and the first fill isn't even thought of until 7 weeks.

Discuss your concerns about slipping/stretching with your doc though, they are the best source of info.

I too was eating everything in sight! Bandster Hell. I just got my second fill yesterday and still feel like I can eat everything in sight. I did liquids yesterday after the fill and am back on regular food today. I am only able to eat several spoons full of food. Good thing. I think, no, I know that it is all in the head, that "wonderful" head hunger, because I am full, but want to keep eating. I know I need to re-train my mind. Put down the fork between bites, recognize when I feel full, and do push-a-ways.

My doc only gives 1cc fills every 4 weeks, so I was in Bandster Hell for at least 2 weeks. My first fill was only 1/2cc because when he gave me 1cc I was too tight and couldn't get the Water down. He did the 1/2cc unfill and I was fine, but ate like a pig for around 2 weeks. I was lucky, I didn't gain any weight but I didn't lose any either. Good luck everyone on your journey.

I've been having the same thing with being able to eat way too much. I stop myself usually, but sometimes I'm just so hungry that it's hard to keep up the will power! When I went back the first time (July 9) I'd lost 16 lbs and they did the fill, but I pretty much had to demand that it be done.

Call Prof. Weiner's office and tell him you're hungry and want a fill and they'll schedule you another appointment. I'm going back this afternoon for my second fill. I'm a bit worried that I've done something to the band though b/c I've got this intermittant pain in my port area and can feel something hard beneath my skin on my left side (not the port).