Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing wt. since surgery April 23

I was banded April 23, 2008. I haven't lost or gained anything since. I lost 24 lbs the weeks prior to surgery during prep time but nothing since. My doc said I may not lose during the healing period, and I might even gain after starting to eat again. I haven't been exercising very much. I have reactive arthritis and am having alot of foot and ankle pain. But I also don't eat very much at all. Ive thought that maybe Im not eating enough? What do you think? Is it common not to lose before your first fill. My first fill is tomorrow.

A friend of mine was diagnosed with reactive arthritis last year. Is your Dr. taking care of your blood pressure and Fluid retention? I know that my friend has an awful time with mobility.

Ok...so that was me checking on your health. Now...are you keeping track of what you are putting in your mouth? I know that you say that you don't eat a lot but do you know how many calories you are taking in? You might want to write down all of the calories that you are eating...the amount of Protein...and the amount of carbs. Get an idea of what you are taking in so that you can discuss it with your nutritionist.

I know that it's difficult for you to walk but have you considered swimming. My friend says that this is very helpful to her and alleviates a lot of her pain.

My doctor said that prior to your first fill it is just for healing. If you do loose during this time it is a added bonus. You are most likely to loose a significant amount after your fill- keep me posted. Dont get discouraged you did great loosing that much pre-op!

I know what that feels like. I was banded May 21. I didn't loose antyhing for the first three weeks. Then suddenly I lost like 5 pounds last week. And for the moment, I seemed to be stalled again. I'm hoping that after my first fill July 3, something will give. I ride my bike for an hour each day and I def try to keep the calories down so I was expecting much bigger results my now but in the words of Jessie Jackson, "Keep hope alive." :(

You may not be getting enough calories

I vary my calories one day 800 next 1000 then maybe 900 and 1200 so on and so forth -

What are you all eating?? What is your daily calorie budget..

I was also told not to worry about weight loss immediately after surgery, the doctors are more concerned with healing at this point than weight loss.....good luck and let us know how it goes!

I was banded on April 1 and just had my fourth fill yesterday. I am up to 6.5 cc's in a 9 cc band. I am just now STARTING to feel any restriction. Just today. And not a whole lot. Just some. Hang in there. I know firsthand how bad is sucks to have to wait but eventually it will happen.

Well everyone, I got my first fill Wednesday, June 25. This am Friday June 27 Im down 2 lbs!!!!! Im so excited. IT HAS STARTED!!!:thumbs_up: I started having restriction yesterday. It's a dream come true!! And by the way, the fill was painless and quick.

My dietician told me about a great website with lots of before and after pics and recipes. It is www.bariatriceating.com. Check out the message board area that is where the photos and recipes are.