Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

at my last doctor's appointment i was told that i should be starting a full soft diet (3 soft meals daily) and my calorie intake should be between 1200-1400 calories a day. i was just wondering how everyone is getting that many calories daily? i usually get between 700-800 calories daily. anyone have any suggestions?

My doctor suggests only eating 800 calories a day. I struggle to stay under everyday. The only way I can stay under is eating mostly Protein Drinks all day and one real meal. How do you stay at 800?

I was banded on May 12th and the first 4 weeks I couldn't even eat what they said to eat because sometimes it was to much. My doctor says you should be eating about 800 calories. I have noticed this week that I am getting hungry between lunch and dinner. I am going for my first fill on June 27th and I am hoping that takes care of that.

I have a Protein shake for Breakfast. lunch I eat a slice of ham (2 oz) and a slice of cheese (1/2 oz) with 2 crackers, a quarter cup of yogurt and quarter cup of fruit, or 1/2 a cup of turkey chili with 2 crackers, dinner is usually 2 oz of fish or chicken, 1/2 cup of potatoe or Pasta and a vegetable.

I was banded May 13th and I am eating on the average 700 calories a day. The weekends are tougher and I go up to about 850-900 calories because we eat out a lot. I have no restriction after 1 fill so I am really still dieting at this point. As I told my surgeon at my post-op/fill appt. this is the most expensive diet I have ever been on! I just try to do protein/low carb

My Dr. suggested that I drop down to 800 calories a day. I prefer to fluctuate between 800-1000 to keep my body guessing. I'm having some difficulty recently with my sinuses and I've been crazy nauseous with the post nasal drip. Yesterday I couldn't get more that 600 calories in but today I made it to 925.

My nutritionist told me that I should try to eat between 1000 and 1200 calories a day to keep my metabolism up. She said the really important thing is to eat good quality food and to pay attention to when I feel full more than paying attention to the calorie amount. And to only eat when I feel hungry.

I try to get in about 1200 a day, but I usuallly drop to 1000. I've found myself lately losing much more quickly by getting in at least 1200.

Look up your BMR on the net. If you can reduce that by 500 daily you would loose a pound a week, or achieve a reduction of 3500 calories. Reduce it by a 1000 a day, with diet and exercise, and two pounds a week. It's pretty simple math.

well.. i've really been trying to up my calories.. but it's really hard. i think it's so crazy when people say that this is the easy way out.. if they only knew! but anyway.. yesterday's diet included:

Breakfast

low carb Protein shake

snack

1/4 cup hi Protein crunch

lunch

1/4 cup tuna w/ 1 tbsp. light miracle whip

1 slice fat free cheese

1/4 cup baked Beans

snack

1/4 cup hi protein crunch

dinner

2 oz. chicken

1/4 cup fat free ricotta cheese

1 tsp. parmesan cheese

1/4 cup totamto sauce

totals: 750 calories, 10.5g fat, 78g carbs, 15g Fiber, 87g protein

still under my calorie intake level. and i felt like i was being bad yesterday. i guess i did have more carbs than i'd like. but i did get plenty of protein.