Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Movie Review

Seen any GREAT movies lately? I just saw Amityville Horror. Critics gave it 4 stars, but it only gets 3 from me. Started out okay, but the actress does all those stupid things that make you scream at the screen, you know, like instead of running for her life she....

Then I saw the "Sahara" movie. Not sure of the name, but Matthew McCaunahey's (sp?) smile still has my tongue flapping in the wind, and his bod ain't too hard on the eyes, either. Totally unbelieveable plot, but if you can get past the fact he, his partner & Penolope Cruz have like 9000 lives each without any gear, food or Water, then it's a Ga-reat flick! Funny, exciting & awesome fun. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Five stars from me.

Does Bob the Builder, Elmo, Nemo or The Incredibles count??

That is all we get to watch around here!

Last one I saw was The Fockers. Didnt think it was any good. :)

Weve had the movie The Notebook rented since Friday night - and STILL havent watched it. I heard that was a good one.

Our good friends saw Amityville Horror - they said it stayed with them. Got home and left the lights on during the night - freaked both of them out.

I read The Notebook, but haven't seen the movie yet. Like Paula, it's Dumbo, The Aristocats, Dora the Explorer, Hi-5, and Blues Clues around here. My sister loaned me the Neverland DVD but it's sitting on the kitchen counter, yet to be seen! By the time the kids go to bed...well, not much time for a 2 hour movie! We really need to get to that. Johnny Depp is SOO cool!

I heard the Incredibles is a good one...maybe that one is next! But then, Matthew McCaunahey (sp?) is Hot too so it should move up on the list of movies to see...

Since my job involves watching movies, I get to see a lot of them...generally a several months to a year after they've come out in the US.....Fun but because of it I rarely watch any at home anymore and I used to LOVE that....

I liked Amityville Horror-was one of the better scary movies Ive seen in quite awhile and Ive pretty much seen em all.

The Notebook made me bawl my eyes out at the end-good movie.Chick flick for sure.

My hubby and I have a hobby we like to do-we like to antique sale but we always try to go somewhere different every few months when a new good movie comes out and find a place near a drivein theater-we dont have any in Houston but its fun to go to the drivein so we find one in an area that we want to go to.

http://www.driveintheater.com/drivlist.htm

We just rented a few movies from the library on Thursday. Escanaba In Da Moonlight with Jeff Daniels in it - had some funny parts and he finally bagged his deer, thus no longer baring the name "The Buckless Yupper". My husband loved it, and I thought it was just ok.

Also rented Ali with Will Smith as main role. Husband liked it and I thought it was hard to follow and not my cuppa.

Both a somewhat disappointment to me.

Chick flicks are the best! Note to self: Rent the Notebook. I'm sick of spending huge money on bad films... thanks for the tip.

I have no children, so I cracked up at Bob the Builder and Dora, etc. Too funny!

another DVD I find hilarious but be aware some of it is VERY distasteful but alot is the most hilarious stuff ever. Its a comic named Stephen Lynch-its called Stephen Lynch Live at the El Rey.He is sooooo funny.I do not like some of his stuff cause its too tacky for even me-lol.He is a singing comic is has one song called "ugly baby"-funny stuff.

The notebook is THE BEST!! I did not like the beggining, kind of slow---but BOY THE END!!! My husband cried more than I did! He said he has that kind of love for me!!!

I am late on this I know. Just saw the thread. My wife and I wanted to see Oceans 12 but hadn't seen Oceans 11 yet. So we rented that one first. The critic s gave both a bad review. Maybe it's just us but I thought they were both good flicks. I am sort of a movie snob and don't go for low budget flicks or ones with bad producers. On the other hand I usually think that too many cooks ruin the stew. Translated as too many stars in a movie can make it lousy if everyone is trying to earn a 20 million dollar paycheck while having their egos pampered. However Oceans 11/12 had plenty of stars and still had legs. I was really happy to see Elliot Gould, one of my All time faves. He is great and very underrated. But I admit I do cry at some chick flicks.......But I also cried while watching Saving private Ryan. Did I lose too many macho points? I hope not. Perhaps I can recoup them by watching "Once Upon a Time in the west" with Henry Fonda, the greatest actor ever. :-) Oh, And don't forget anything with Gary Oldman, Another underrated but great actor.

I rented "The Final Cut" with Robin Williams-it was pretty good-I hated the ending but it really got you to thinking.

But I admit I do cry at some chick flicks.......But I also cried while watching Saving private Ryan. Did I lose too many macho points?
Nope, you GAIN them for crying at Saving Private Ryan! And a few well placed tears in the right spots at a chick flick just endears the wife...good man. You got this figured out!

Hey Alatina, have you ever watched Eddie Murphy Live (I think that's the name) it was out in the late 80's I think, back when they still had this stuff on albums, you know, LPs, the round black things you put on a record player? Do you remember those? Or am I showing my age? Anyhow, VERY funny, despite the filthy language. Pretty sure you can rent the DVD now.

"Ice cream Ice cream Ice cream!!! Wanna Lick? Psych!" Anyone else remember this?

Okay Alatina, your 36, just read...you remember records!

"I got some Ice Cream, I got some Ice cream, And you don't. (then he drops it on the ground and starts crying while all his friends start laughing at him... ) How about him talking about his mom would never take him to McDonalds but all his friends parents would take them and they woud come back flaunting their hamburgers in his face. He would go crying to his mother and she would say to him that he didn't need a McDonalds Hamburger and that hers were much better. So she would cook him up this giant patty would big onion abd bell pepper pieces hanging out the sides. Hilarious, but his delivery is probably better than reading it in this thread. How about the uncle starting the grill with a mason jar of gasoline. That was called RAW and it was great. The language was very bad though.

have you seen the Dave Chappel show where he is Rick James and Charlie Murphy (Eddies brother) as himself. Now that is Funny.