Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, are people beginning to "notice"?

Just curious...Y'all are coming up on two months now...Are people beginning to notice that you are shrinking? I am scheduled for May 31st (I am a Shrinko de Mayo) and reading the previous months banders to see what I can expect with each month going by...I can't wait till people start throwing the curious looks. I have not shared my plans with many people at all...

Congrats!

I was banded Jan 25, 08 in Tijuana, Mexico and so far am down about 35 lbs. I told only my Hubby and kids and am happy about that! People are commenting now and it's great! When they ask me what I'm doing I say "eating less" which is true!

Good luck! I only wish I could have done this 25 years ago!!!!!!!!!

i've only had one person say (besides hubby) who asked if i had lost some weight. i really wish more had noticed, but i think because i've done the yo yo thing so much, they probably just think i'm on the downward slope again. but i cant wait til they notice that its not coming back on!

Yes me too on the yo-yo things for diet/weight loss and particularly the folks at work being afraid to say "gee you are looking good". It will have to be more dramatic before they say something probably.

My church friends who know about my lapband give me positive kudos each week about how they can see the changes from week to week.

I was banded on March 3 and have lost 35 lbs. Many people at work are noticing it and commenting on it. I've told everyone I had the surgery. I feel great! I also have been on many diets and have gone up and down in weight. The difference with this is I've kept the weigth off for 8 weeks, before I couldn't last that long on a diet and the weight always came back on quick - within a month. I feel confident that my weight will continue to decrease from here on in. YEAH!!!!

Hi Everyone, I have noticed the same thing at. Most people know that I have had surgery, and they are being very supportive. I have had many people tell me that they are beginning to see positive changes. I am very thankful for the positive support and comments. So everyone keep up the GREAT work. :cursing:

People really started noticing me about 3 weeks ago. It is really funny though, some people look at me strange and say I like your new hair color, or new hair cut. Nothing has changed with my hair!!!

people have noticed and I do believe I am also dressing better. kept smaller sizes when I knew I was getting surgery and cleaned out my closet and kept smaller clothing. Defiinitely shows and I can feel it. Still looking forward to be under the 200's been a longgggggggg time comin...

It is fun when people start noticing! It took about 2 months after surgery for people to start noticing for me. Even now, some people at work are saying something for the first time. They'll say, "hey, are you losing weight?" And I say, "yes, thank you!", but what I'm thinking is, "Um, yes - how about I've lost 60 lbs and I was wondering if you would EVER notice!!"

Hee Hee!

Everyone tells me they can tell I've lost weight in my face. I also walk the complex where I work for my 30 minute lunch break for exercise and some have said they could tell the walking to working for me. I bought a new suit for giggles the other day and wore it for the 1st time today.

I LOOKED GOOD!!! (Man, that sound conceited!!!) I am also starting to feel more energy but ready for a nap by 6:00 p.m.:biggrin2:

People are really starting to notice for me too. I get a lot of "wow, that shirt looks really great on you" comments. It does feel great! And today is my 2 month anniversary!

hi, i was banded 13th march not had my first fill yet still waiting

but i seem to have had a mixed response to my weight loss my family which all know i was banded have said but only one friend who had not seen me for couple of months has comented on my weightloss im not sure if people dont like to say all though these people are the ones who would not hesitate telling me id put on weight

but i know i am losing and as long as the scales tell me im losing im happy lol

I'm another yo-yoer so i haven't really had anyone at the office say anything yet, which is fine with me because frankly I AM NOTICING and that is enough for me right now!!

:thumbup:I travel quite a bit for my job and spend little time in my 'home' site. I think I was there for one week in April (right after surgery) and I was there last week. It was really fun as so many people commented on how great I look! Some commented on my weight loss, some thought it was my new hair cut - but it was a terrific boost to my confidence!

I have lost about 45 pounds (starting 1 month prior to my surgery) and it is really noticeable in my face! I don't have the bloated cheeks or double chin! My husband teases me that I have a 'shrunken head'! I can hardly wait for the rest of my body to catch up!!!!

For a while, no one was saying anything. I accepted it since I used to be a yo yo'er. But one of the girls has been out of work on maternity leave and she stopped in the other day to show us the baby and said she said i look great! (she is one of only 2 at work that knew)

Only 2 other people at work have said anything. One is loosing weight as his diabetes was affecting him more. The other has the same yo yo issues I had and was asking what i was doing differently. It sure feels great when someone notices and says something. I don't expect anyone to say anything because of my yo yo history, so when someone does, it truly makes my day!