Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you have all heard this before, but I'm going to put it out there any way to vent!!! I know this process is long and grueling... but the hoops you have to go through are ridiculous...! At this point I have gone to 3 support group meeting, gone to a cardiologist 2x's, gone for blood work and an upper GI, met with the nutritionist, went to two nutrition classes, met with the nurse practionier and oh let's not forget the informational session... This Friday I have to meet the surgeon and on Monday I meet the psychiatrist and then the following Friday I have another nutritionist appointment... Plus I have lost my required 5% of weight.... and yet with all this, they still can't give me an idea of a surgery date! In fact because I asked, the nurse told me that she was "concerned" that I was just interested in getting a date instead of mentally preparing myself... ! I told her on the contrary I went to the info session a year ago and didn't go through with it because I didn't think I was ready, so in fact I have been preparing for a year!!! In any event the point of the story is now I think she is annoyed with me and I won't be surprised if when it comes to assigning a surgery date she pushes it out even further.... UGH! Sorry just had to vent... this is really making me upset... I know I just need to relax and that in the big scheme of things a few more weeks isn't a big deal, BUT... I can't get my head around that... I want it now... (pout)!

Shannon

I sooo know what you mean, by the time I have my surgery on the 29th, I'll have been going at this process for over a year. I can't get over how slow this process is!

Poor Rascal...I have definitely been there...I fought for 7 months with my insurance. Chin up...it will happen, just do EVERYTHING they tell you.:thumbup:

Thanks everyone... The nurse did write me back yesterday and told me that I should just finish up my appointments and as soon as they know something they will tell me and we can schedule something! So she sounded much better... maybe she won't black list me after all! LOL

Yesterday was a rough day... I feel like I'm lost in limbo somewhere. My weight is really getting to me... I'm not sure where everyone lives, but I'm in MA and today it's supposed to be close to 70 degrees and I couldn't find anything colorful and cute to wear to work because it's all tight and ill fitting... so I'm of course in head to toe black...! Do I really think I'm hiding anything??? I just so want to get this done so I can feel some sort of hope again... Right now I feel a little bit lost.

Thanks for listening! I appreciate all your responses!

Shannon

Try to be patient. I had two years from my first appointment untill my surgery date. It may be a few more weeks but if you did nothing at all, what would you weigh???? Lapband is not as rapid of weight loss as some think. You have to be patient now because after surgery you may be dissappointed when the weight isn't falling off overnight. Concentron what has gotten you to your current weight and remember that it takes a lot of motivation and strength to lose it. Good luck!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you have all heard this before, but I'm going to put it out there any way to vent!!! I know this process is long and grueling... but the hoops you have to go through are ridiculous...! At this point I have gone to 3 support group meeting, gone to a cardiologist 2x's, gone for blood work and an upper GI, met with the nutritionist, went to two nutrition classes, met with the nurse practionier and oh let's not forget the informational session... This Friday I have to meet the surgeon and on Monday I meet the psychiatrist and then the following Friday I have another nutritionist appointment... Plus I have lost my required 5% of weight.... and yet with all this, they still can't give me an idea of a surgery date! In fact because I asked, the nurse told me that she was "concerned" that I was just interested in getting a date instead of mentally preparing myself... ! I told her on the contrary I went to the info session a year ago and didn't go through with it because I didn't think I was ready, so in fact I have been preparing for a year!!! In any event the point of the story is now I think she is annoyed with me and I won't be surprised if when it comes to assigning a surgery date she pushes it out even further.... UGH! Sorry just had to vent... this is really making me upset... I know I just need to relax and that in the big scheme of things a few more weeks isn't a big deal, BUT... I can't get my head around that... I want it now... (pout)!

Shannon

Part of the reason they don't usually set a date (my understanding only) is that they need to wait for approval from insurance. Most insurance companies need you to complete EVERYTHING before they will consider or review your file. I am still in process myself, and I have a few more appointments to go yet, but it is ok. I know that in the long run I am doing things to help my approval. Also, you don't mention, but I was curious, have you started thinking and working like a bander? I have been working on not drinking before/after meal, no soda, small bites..protein first...chew chew chew...working on getting my exercise plan into place...that really helps me to keep positive...

:huh2: