Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi peoples,

Just introducing myself my name is Charli and im a 23 yr old Woman from Perth Western Australia. I have for some time now been looking into having Lap Band surgery, tomorrow, being Monday the 7th of April i have an appoinment with my GP to see him about getting a referal to get Lap Band Surgery so fingers crossed i do. So i thought that i would join this forum to be apart of something that i can come to when/if i get this surgery done. I would love to hear up on other people experiences with the Band.

Wish me luck for tomorrow

Charli x

Hi Charli,

Welcome to the forum. I was banded on this past Thursday, This is a great forum and I think you will really learn a lot and make lot of friends on this site. I think this site is alos useful for pre-op as well. You can see what to expect and how other people are fairing through the approval process etc.

Hi Charli and welcome to LBT. You have come to a great place for advice and support. Please keep us updated on how things go, and, if you have any questions, let us know.

We look forward to getting to know you.

aww wow its great to have such a warm welcome , im accually a member of a weightloss forum and one lady on there turned me to join this forum, which seems great, once i get used to how everything works ha ha.

So my appoinment with my Dr is at 2:40 today and i dont want to get my hopes up but it is hard, i need this referral for it to be covered by medicare because i cannot afford to pay for this on my own and i dont have Private Health Insurance. Im soo anxious its driving me nuts. I dont feel that many ppl around me are understanding why i want to get this surgery they all seem to think that im doing this because i cant be bothered putting the work in, so i hope my Dr dosnt feel the same. Any advise on how to get past this and what i should explain to the Dr?

Im 115kg and about 5"8( i think ) ive been overweight since like Forever, this Dr has put me on Duromine in the past and it worked but i started getting addicted to it and popping too many a day i was going abit mental on them, plus they are not cheap, ive done fat blaster, the Soup diet, liquid diets, lite n easy, calorie counting.. and i was never satisified with any of them thats why i want this so badly because i want to be satisfied with less food. I am so sick and tired of my weight being in control of me, i want do certain things that i want to do because of my weight, its my number 1 excuse in life and i just want to feel comfortable enough to live my life, im 23 yrs old i have a 5 yr old daughter, i want to be around for her i want her to be proud of her mummy i just want to live a good life.

seen the dr got my refferal, thak god!.. i have an appointment with the lap band Dr next month, the lady on the phone told me its a minimum 18 month waiting list to get the surgery done :lol: how dissapointing