Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2008 Exercise Challenge

Okay here is the April Challenge. Pick your level and intensity. We need to check in here at least every 2 days because accountability is important.

Pick a target level for how often & how long you plan to workout,

and we’ll be off… I’m shooting for Level 7~ Elite this month! Yeah I have to start it with a bang!

Feb’07 April Exercise Challenge

Level 1 ~ 3 days a week (14 days)

Level 2 ~ 4 days a week (18 days)

Level 3 ~ 5 days a week (23 days)

Level 4 ~ 6 days a week (27 days)

Level 5 ~ 7 days a week (31 days)

Beginner ~ 20 minutes a day

Moderate ~ 30 minutes a day

Intermediate ~ 45 minutes a day

Advanced ~ 60 minutes a day

Elite ~ 60+ minutes a day

I'm going for level 3 advanced....

BG, I'm totally LMAO because I JUST sent you a PM asking if this thread was out here anywhere, and then I found it. HAHAHAHA!

Level 2 Intermediate for me

Thanks BG for creating. You're so right accountability is important. I will not fail this time and check in

Much obliged, babygirl! :tt1: And thanks for the PM nudge, travelgirl!

I’m NOT going to fail this challenge, and thus I will set my bar on the low end! :cursing: This month I’m going for Level 1 ~ Moderate. And I will check in daily to this thread. Those are two pretty damn ambitious goals for the place I’m at mentally! But I want to loose 5 pounds this month, well...10 really, but things have slowed down so I’m trying to be realistic! Anyhow – I need this accountability badly now, so thanks for coming along for the ride, y’all! :tt1:

April’s not till Tuesday, right?

Suzanne

Level 1 ~ Moderate

Anytime, Zannie!

Yes, April starts on Tuesday.

Babygrl, I have even changed my bodybugg activity target to 60 minutes so that I know without thinking about it whether I've hit my target or not yet throughout the day. I still heart my bodybugg...

TravelGirl,

How do you update your bugg. I got mine around 3 wks ago. Like today I worked out an hour but on my bugg it only says activity of 30 minutes? Not sure why it has this. Burned more calories than i think i ever have.

After you login, click on the "my info" tab at the top right of the screen, and then under "goals and targets" (it should already be at that screen) the bottom of the screen will say "Physical Activity Duration". You can change it there. Make sure that you put in hours AND minutes, even if it's "0" or it won't update properly.

Oh, and it won't send the new info to your bugg until the next time you upload calories burned.

Okay now -- I don't have one of those bodybugg thingys y'all are talking about! And I am too broke to be getting one any time soon... :crying: Don't go all techie on me, ladies! That's all the excuse I'd need to do nothing -- oh, I don't have the right gadget! :ohmy::biggrin2::party::lol::lol::tongue:

Is it really TOMORROW? Ugh.

Edited by Zannie
yet another typo - what esle?

LOL, don't worry Zannie, I don't talk about it much outside of the bodybugg user's thread. I just thought it would be cool that it can tell me when I've reached my goal for the day. A stopwatch would do the same thing, and be WAAAAYYY cheaper....

Yeah, it's tomorrow already. April Fool's!!! I wish I was creative and could pull something off with my DH....

Did y'all really pay 300+ bucks for your bodybuggs? Or am i missing something here...:huh2: What exactly are they for? :confused2: I guess if i were more consistent/devoted to the exercise element then any investment that kept me focused on the goal would be worth it. But I'd have to get really into it beyond a mandatory treadmill whirl (which does track how long I've worked out, one session at a time if not cumulatively) to warrant that kind of expenditure. :crying: Are y'all really finding them helpful? I can't even get behind a pedometer!! And I might've even been able to trick y'all into thinking I'd "paced" my way into a full 1/2 hour of exercise with one of those!!:lol:

Wait, Zan. Wrong attitude. :thumbup: Get with the program. :tt1: Today is officially my last day of negative thinking with regard to exercise. I remember it used to feel like quite the accomplishment to log in & post another day done on our challenge thread... I'm looking forward to THAT again, if not to the sweaty boobs & rubbing thighs. :blink::tt2:

(I'm so lovin' this new array of emoticons since my many months of absence. :tt1: Kindly pardon any overuse you might perceive!)

Ooooh, TG, that was evil! Now the anticipation is killing me!! What secrets of the BodyBugg will be revealed to me tonight???

I'm sooo not motivated, but the time has come for change -- in all sorts of areas of my life. And I really appreciate y'all jumping on board to challenge my saggy ass! :thumbup:

Speaking of which, my dearest friend in all the world (love you, Tracy!)feels it her duty to nag me about not using my treadmill as a way of getting her own skinny butt back on her treadmill... I was thinking that it'd be helpful to me if she felt free to comment here about my progress. (She does lurk after my well-being, but has never posted at LBT. :crying:) Have y'all any objections to a non-Bandster (but devoted supporter of all things ME -- including LapBand), joining this month's challenge? Obviously, I wanted to run it by everyone before I suggested that she consider it! Think about it & let me know! :thumbs_up:or:thumbs_down: