Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Strangers attack ....

So, today I am in the store with my 7yo (he stayed home "sick") picking up a few things when I get a call from my best friend. She knew I had an appt the other day and wanted an update. I was telling her what a joke it was etc etc ... Then we were making jokes about this and that, then got serious for a moment or two about the Lap Band.

She told me she understood why, and supported me 500% but she was scared for me etc. I was calming her down when this obnoxious twig of a twit buts in and tells me "You don't need gastric surgery, you are to small, and it is such a waste of military resources" ... I just looked at her and went back to my conversation with my best friend when this moron grabs my arm stands in front of me and tries to lecture me on diets.

At first I just smiled at her, and went to move around her, hoping my temper wont blow up infront of my son while this rabid twit is trying to lecture me. I told my friend to hang on a second and then let her have it after she tried to PHYSICALLY restrain me from walking around her.

Oh man I totally unloaded on her, I told her "you don't know me, you don't know what my medical history is, all you heard was a one sided conversation that was NONE of your business. I understand I am in a public place and everyone can hear me if they are close enough, I don't give a damn, but no one else is retarded enough to say anything to someone. You should take the cue, and not be a nosy nelly and mind your own damned business."

Now by this time my son is "mommy lets go lets go, I don't like her" So once again I go to move around her and she GRABS MY ARM AGAIN by this time I had had enough, I smacked her hand away from me, and told her that if she touch's me again not only would she go up on assault charges but I would make damned sure she never touched anyone else again. She went to grab my arm again and I said "don't" nothing else, just don't. She let her hand hover a moment then her one smart brain cell kicked over and she started crying and telling me she would pray for my mortal soul.

Now being the smart ass I am all I could say was "Lady, you should try to pray for your own before you start giving away your prayers, you need the help more then I".

As I am walking away I tell my best friend I have a boy to calm down and I will call her back, she is in shock that someone would actually do what that woman did. But we hang up and I start calming my son down and he is near to tears cause he was scared for me cause the "crazy lady" (his words not mine, I swear) wouldn't leave me alone. GRRRRRRR :regular_smile: what makes people think they can just do that stuff to other people? I mean REALLY, what person thinks that is ok??????????:confused2:

I can't believe it!!!:regular_smile: How terrible! OK I can believe it strangers can be so RUDE some times, even family and friends. Still I think you showed much more restraint than I would have. I'm afraid if it had been me, I would have been posting this from the prison computer after my reaction:cursing:.

Well you have to remember, my 7yo was with me. They don't know mommy has a temper that has almost gotten her locked up a few times. I try REALLY try to keep it under control and today was a serious test of that control. I was shaking I was so angry, but I had to stay calm because my son was with me.

Had he not been with me, oh you better believe she woulda been outa there in an ambulance. :regular_smile:

You are a stronger woman than I.

That is unbelievable!!! You handled that way better than I could. It takes a lot to get me really angry, but when I do, watch out! I am just shocked that someone would do that!

I am in shock! The nerve of some people. I would have went Spider Monkey on her ass.

My husband is medically retired, he is 32, has MS, a failed spinal fusion and a nerve disease caused by the Dr. cutting a nerve during the surgery for the failed spinal fusion. :-) OK, with that said, he is totally disabled and has a handicap license plate. Now, my hubby looks 19, perfectly fit and doesn't "LOOK" like he has problems.

He parked in handicap at Walmart and some old fart tried to hit him with a cane, proceeded to cuss him out and tell him that he was trash and didn't need to park there and he should be ashamed of himself. My hubby, just told him to mind his own business and go his own way, then he tried to hit him with his cane, hubby said, sir, if you raise that cane to me again, you had better be prepared to use it. The guy went off, cussing and yelling, but still. The nerve of people. Let me tell you, if I would have been there, I would have a criminal record right now. I get so freakin mad just thinking about it.

So, I feel for you, it doesn't just make you mad, it makes you sad, upset, freaked out, insecure and embarrassed. You handled it well. Kudos to you.

She will pray for your mortal soul? What, is it immoral to get a LapBand too? We're not just lazy (sarcasm) but in danger of going to hell over it? (rolling eyes) Or is she praying in case you die from it? I don't get it. What does pray for your mortal soul mean anyway?

Geez Louise! People are crazy. You should have sicked security on her.

She wasn't arrested for assault?

There is no way you should put up with behavior like that.

The store might have security tape footage to back you up.

Tell me it wasn't Wall-Mart.....If it was I rest my case. People in wal-mart are just strange.

ROFL No it wasn't Wal-mart.

But the only reason I didn't loose my cool, or she wasn't arrested is I was to busy worrying about my son. I didn't want him to freak out more then he already was. The only thing I wanted was to get my son away from the situation.

Trust me, had he not been with me ... it woulda been on, I don't tolerate that stuff, ever. She cought a major break by pulling that stunt when one of my kids was with me.

WOOOOOW Definately woulda opened a can of whoop ass on her!!! You showed much restraint, good for you.

I had an incident in the parking lot of a Weight Watchers meeting (hmmm maybe that's why I'm fat--subliminal message:lol:)

This crazy lady started yelling at me about where I parked, legally mind you, I was trying to walk away with my 18 year old daughter and ignore her when she busted out with "See how you f-in puerto ricans are, so uneducated!" Well that was all she wrote, cause first off I'm not puerto rican, spanish but not puerto rican (thanks for the stereotype biyattchh) and second I have my Master's. Well my daughter and I have the same temper so that crazy old fat lady who should have been on her way into weight watchers with us instead of worrying about where I parked, got quite a piece of our minds. (That's what she gets for messing with the crazy spanish chicks:tt2:)

My neighbor has similar issues to what Wendy's husband has, she has serious disabilities, although not readily visible. She parked -y'all are gonna love this--at Walmart, and a man and woman began screaming at her about parking in handicap spaces, she showed them her placard as she hung it on her mirror, and they kept on---telling her how morons like her kept handicapped people from being able to get to the stores. She said the man was really big, but other than being old, she could not openly "see" what made them handicapped either. Well the arguement went back and forth for awhile he kicked her car door, and someone called the cops. Cops come, checked her handicap placard against her Driver License and confirmed she was rightfully parked there. Well the man was still raising hell he wanted to know why she qualified. She said she kept telling him, she had MS, and she also only had 1/2 of one lung, among various other issues, and he was scoffing at it all. So he told the officer he wanted a copy of the report he was going to file a civil complaint against my neighbor. Now mind you he ended up parking in the same space across the aisle--the front end of their cars were nose to nose, so he was not put out of a place by her!

So....the cop finally gets him to leave, and everyone goes about their business--she comes out to find something all over her car. She said the smell was horrid, so she went in and called the cops back, and they got the surveillance tapes, and saw the man dumping a bag of something over the car. Well, they knew who he was, he made the big deal of making a report.

Ended up, he dumped his colostomy bag all over her car!!!

She sued him, he had to pay for her car to be painted--he has been arrested for the same thing since he did that to her, he made the evening news the second time around!!!

There are some crazy people out there!!!

Kat