Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having issues with loose skin and it rubbing.. Last night it was hurting where it was rubbing... What does everyone do for this issue... I knew it was coming since I have so much to loose but I was not expecting it this soon....

If you plan to get skin removal surgery and want it to be covered by insurance, make sure you document with your doctor ALL problems with skin rashes, sores etc. It isn't usually covered since it is considered cosmetic but if you can show a history of problems, there's a better chance of it being covered.

I have lost over 100 pounds and have some loose skin, but I am getting cryo therapy twice a week. It helps to produce collagen and tightens my skin as the weight comes off. If I had waited till I hit goal weight, I don't think it would have been as effective. I also sit in an infrared sauna which has its own list of benefits. Rebounding helps too.

There are some alternatives to surgery. Being proactive is important but it also depends on the amount of weight you have to lose and DNA. When I had rashes before losing the weight, I used a baby powder/cornstarch blend to keep the area dry. Moisture can make things painful and possibly infected.

Good luck!!

2 minutes ago, BabySpoons said:

If you plan to get skin removal surgery and want it to be covered by insurance, make sure you document with your doctor ALL problems with skin rashes, sores etc. It isn't usually covered since it is considered cosmetic but if you can show a history of problems, there's a better chance of it being covered.

I have lost over 100 pounds and have some loose skin, but I am getting cryo therapy twice a week. It helps to produce collagen and tightens my skin as the weight comes off. If I had waited till I hit goal weight, I don't think it would have been as effective. I also sit in an infrared sauna which has its own list of benefits. Rebounding helps too.

There are some alternatives to surgery. Being proactive is important but it also depends on the amount of weight you have to lose and DNA. When I had rashes before losing the weight, I used a baby powder/cornstarch blend to keep the area dry. Moisture can make things painful and possibly infected.

Good luck!!

I have an appointment with the family Dr on the 22nd and will show her what is going on to have it documented.. I honestly did not know if I would do skin removal cause I did not think it would be an issue but I am only 10 weeks Post op and still have 95lbs to lose so I am sure I am going to need it..

I will try the baby powder/ cornstarch blend..

I always used diaper rash cream on some of the really sore and open rashes. That really helps ! I also use baby powder for chafing. Good luck !!!!

On 2/1/2024 at 10:01 AM, BabySpoons said:

Babyspoons, do you get the cryotherapy on just your body or do they do your neck too? A very rude esthetician pointed out my turkey neck this week while I was roaming through the mall. I'm pretty self conscious about it because it is a hereditary thing in my family (along with jowls). I don't want to do a facelift in my early 40s so I am searching around to see what treatments might be available for me to do as I lose weight so I don't end up with quite as much loose skin there...

I get my face and neck done 2xs a week. My arms and stomach 1x a week on alternate visits. My face is smooth and tight. My neck has a bit of loose skin but not sure how it would be had I not been getting the cryotherapy. At over 300 pounds I had a double double chin so I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

My phone quit working on face recognition. until I realized I needed to update my photo. And my driver's license pic looks nothing like me anymore, so I'll be making a trip to the DMV soon. The last couple times I had to show my ID they did a double take. LOL

GL @ChunkCat finding a treatment that suits you. And I wouldn't give that rude mall person a cent of your money.

On 2/1/2024 at 6:02 AM, brandycsiz said:

I am having issues with loose skin and it rubbing.. Last night it was hurting where it was rubbing... What does everyone do for this issue... I knew it was coming since I have so much to loose but I was not expecting it this soon....

I highly recommend Arrowroot. Its has anti-inflammatory properties, Antiseptic/antibacterial properties and;

image.thumb.png.8ff86c5836ce4aa030e95afc969823f4.png

It doesn't have the same starch that yeast thrives on and absorbs sweat great. Its also low in calories, high in Fiber, may also help with Constipation and diarrhea and clear out cholesterol!

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/other/arrowroot.html

Its what I use and it works great! I hope this helps!

oddly enough, my skin folds & skin rubbing bothered me more when i was overweight vs. AFTER the weight loss.

my issues were all centred around sweat and moisture, so for me, it was all about keeping dry. i used non-talc baby powder (the johnson and johnson cornstarch baby powder is whar i used most) in my "problem" areas: between my thighs and my under boobs. worked great so long ad i was vigilant about it (if i wasn't, i'd get itchy and rashes, and worst case, i'd get open sores).

but like i said, as i lost weight it actually got better so i ditched the powder.

Like @ms.sss I had problems of skin irritation when I was heavy, I don't have any after the weight loss. I found Caldesene Medicated protecting powder to be a lifesaver. I still use it whenever I get any type of rashes from allergies or heat. 20240215_103252.jpg