Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the roux-en-y gastric bypass surgery in 2018. My beginning weight was 290 and in less than a year I was down 100 lbs. I got pregnant at the end of 2019. I gained 30 lbs during that time and lost it all after 2 months of breast feeding. I breast fed until my son was 11 months and he was ON DEMAND. I had to increase my intake to produce more milk. I now have gained over 70 lbs since I stopped and tried intermittent fasting, Golo, high Protein low carbs and nothing has worked. I go to my bariatric surgeon tomorrow and hope to get a green light on a revision as I know my pouch has increased in size as I can eat more than I used to. My energy level is at a 2 and I'm burnt out with my soon to be 3 yr old who is full of energy. I was on no medication after my surgery and now I'm taking 6 different prescriptions daily and its wearing me down mentally as well. My PCP and Psychiatrist are supportive as long as my bariatric surgeon is as well. I pray this goes well tomorrow. I hope to return with good news.

Just a question: Are you planning on having more children? If so, I'd hold off on the revision. If not, hopefully, they can do something for you. I know my insurance doesn't cover a revision unless it's medically necessary. So you may be self pay for this procedure. BTW, how'd the appointment go?

@LindsayT Hey! To answer your question: I am not planning on having more children. My insurance does cover the revision and the appointment went well. I will have an Upper GI Single w/contrast done to determine if there is any disruption in my pouch or fistulas formed throughout the path to the remnant stomach. I'm scheduled to go back to my bariatric surgeon in 2 wks. to review the results and go over the next steps. Btw Lindsay you are doing an AMAZING job!! 41 lbs down in 6 weeks out of surgery, that is commendable 🤩👏 You rock!!! Keep up the good work!!

1 minute ago, Sys mom said:

@LindsayT Hey! To answer your question: I am not planning on having more children. My insurance does cover the revision and the appointment went well. I will have an Upper GI Single w/contrast done to determine if there is any disruption in my pouch or fistulas formed throughout the path to the remnant stomach. I'm scheduled to go back to my bariatric surgeon in 2 wks. to review the results and go over the next steps. Btw Lindsay you are doing an AMAZING job!! 41 lbs down in 6 weeks out of surgery, that is commendable 🤩👏 You rock!!! Keep up the good work!!

Sorry if I got too personal. I'm glad they are working with you. And hope all works out. The 41lbs is since the start of the pre-op diet. I lost 15lbs during preop and 26lbs since surgery, that includes to separate stalls that lasted about a week each. I wish the tracker would differentiate the losses. Unless, I imputed them wrong.

@LindsayT O no! I'm an open book. I don't mind sharing. I had a high risk pregnancy. Due to age and having had the GBS short of 2 yrs. I've got my little one and now I need my energy to keep up with him lol. I lost 96 lbs a little over a year after the surgery. I will get back on track one way or another 😃

15 minutes ago, Sys mom said:

@LindsayT O no! I'm an open book. I don't mind sharing. I had a high risk pregnancy. Due to age and having had the GBS short of 2 yrs. I've got my little one and now I need my energy to keep up with him lol. I lost 96 lbs a little over a year after the surgery. I will get back on track one way or another 😃

I'm happy things worked out with your little. And congrats on the weight loss, you'll be back down before you know it.

It's great you have your pcp psychiatrist support. There are a few different type of RNY revision. What procedure are having?

Did you stretch your pouch? The reason I'm asking is because my aunt regained all her weight back and more after 10 years post RNY. She had it evaluated and her pouch was still tiny and didn't stretch. She had learned to eat around it, and drank with her meals too, hence they didn't want to do a revision. They told her she would lose 10 to 15% max and it wouldn't be worth it especially since her health isn't very good. I am still going hoping she can get the help she needs because all her comorbities have come back. I have tried to help her go back to basics but unfortunately she can't stop snacking. She is seeing a doctor and psychiatrist to help her.

@Tomo Hello! I won't know what procedure or if I'll need one until my surgeon gets the results of the labs he's requested. The upper GI single w/contrast will determine if my pouch is stretched or if there are fistulas in the path to the remnant stomach. Now if everything looks fine then I'll need to review my eating habits with my nutritionist and map out a new way to reset. It's great that after 10 years your aunts pouch is still small. Hopefully she will find a way regain control of her snacking habits. It's not easy, but it is possible.