Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you go after your surgery?

I had my surgery done Set 13th, at the same day and the day after I was not able to drink anything, I vomited and It was the worst thing ever, I thought my stomach would burst.
So much pain. But in the 3rd day I was discharged and since that day I’m great. Feel like I’ve been done anything.
The diet sucks sometimes because I feel like eating, but I put in my mind that “I DECIDE TO DO IT”
Let’s get it DONE!!!!

I had surgery on the 12th and the first night was horrible. I was doing okay, not getting enough Water, but doing okay, until yesterday. I don't know if I saw what it was like when you drink something wrong, but I woke up yesterday with a huge pain under my diaphragm. It felt like trapped air and was hard to breath. I couldn't eat or drink much yesterday. Today it is better, still some pain but not as bad. I read a whole book on surgery yesterday and watched a 2 hour seminar.

wow hope you keep going better!!!
When I feel that pain I walk, Its Gas inside that causes pain. I really doing good with Water, my problem is that I still don’t get enough of Protein Shake, but I’m getting there!!!

Hello and welcome to the other side.

My first day after surgery was horrible, I had unbearable gas pain. I also had basically 3 surgeries in 1 as my surgeon puts it. So he said I needed extra gas. I was kept 2 nights in the hospital, but the 3rd day it was a DRASTIC change for the better. I had some minor pain in my shoulder area from the gas but otherwise I felt almost back to normal. For a few weeks after surgery I would get tired very quickly but otherwise I was good to go.

I am grateful that I had an easy recovery.

Glad you are doing well!

I had surgery the 12th and had my follow up today. Down 15 lbs already, when have I ever been able to do that.... I do have a hematoma which is causing swelling on my left side. I had no idea what it was until today, but I am relieved now. I am super tired but getting better every day. pureed foods start tomorrow. Hope yu all are well.

Today was the 7th day, it was not a good day, I could not force down more than one Protein Shake. I spent most of the day watching movies and fighting off the urge to vomit. I pray tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow is my last day on full liquids, I can go to pureed/soft foods Thursday. I really don't care for these sicking sweet Protein Drinks, and Water flavorings. But I'm down 17#s. Nite y'all!

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

21 hours ago, Sbtaylor1114 said:

Today was the 7th day, it was not a good day, I could not force down more than one Protein Shake. I spent most of the day watching movies and fighting off the urge to vomit. I pray tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow is my last day on full liquids, I can go to pureed/soft foods Thursday. I really don't care for these sicking sweet Protein Drinks, and Water flavorings. But I'm down 17#s. Nite y'all!

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

I found making my own shakes to be a little easier than the packaged Protein Shakes. I also liked Kettle and Fire chicken broth a lot. I am on day 10 and I started pureed today. I made egg salad with, eggs, mayo and salt/pepper/paprika. I ate 4 tbsp total today at 2 different times (2 each time). It was heavenly. I hope your transition goes just as smooth.

Edited by nymisc
clarification

I loved the puree stage after 2 weeks before and after surgery of chicken broth... pureed foods added seasonings, spices. I did turkey chili, Jimmy Dean egg frattata with bacon, meatloaf with catsup added. Baby food turkey sweet potato with a pinch of taco seasoning, chicken curry salad. After 3 weeks puree it was great to get to soft foods. Just got to regular food and nervous. Going to get set up on Fitness app to track calories, Water and Protein. Eating 1/3 cup meat, 1/8 cup veggie or carb. 3x day, 2 Snacks of same but with no carb, one of fruit.