Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric pal store

Has anyone ordered from the store?

Care to leave a review?

I haven't in a long time since i don't eat bariatric-specific foods anymore, but I always had good luck with it (i.e. the store)

Edited by catwoman7

I ordered once or twice. I didn't like what I ordered. But I love the message boards!

I don't imagine living off of it. I want to be as "normal" as possible for the long run. But, for better alternatives I was looking around.

I love chips- so I figured if I find a low carb high Protein substitute than I can eat them more with the perk of extra protein. I know about Quest chips and things you can buy in store but I was just kind of looking around for now. I can't have the crunchy stuff yet anyway. I am still on soft food phase.

Things like that, which that was the only example I could come up with because I want chips. haha

I hope to just generally make better choices on the daily and then be able to have some treats and it not effect me or my goals. Moderation, right? 😳

I bought some of the Quest chips and I thought they tasted okay, but I didn't love the texture. I have a number of bags I never ate that are probably expired. I find I just don't think to eat them.

6 minutes ago, lizonaplane said:

I bought some of the Quest chips and I thought they tasted okay, but I didn't love the texture. I have a number of bags I never ate that are probably expired. I find I just don't think to eat them.

Oh man BOOO

I have major issues with texture.

Maybe I will like them but my expectations have dropped. haha

2 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

Oh man BOOO

I have major issues with texture.

Maybe I will like them but my expectations have dropped. haha

I ate them at the beginning, but they just didn't have the same texture as "real" chips. I am seven months out and if I want to eat a few chips, I'll eat real chips, but only a few. Like we went out for Mexican on Monday and I had five of the free chips. That was enough. I could only eat half of my lunch portion of food - chicken breast with chorizo and cheese and a side of Beans. (To your other post - this food was not low fat, but it was tasty!)

4 minutes ago, lizonaplane said:

I ate them at the beginning, but they just didn't have the same texture as "real" chips. I am seven months out and if I want to eat a few chips, I'll eat real chips, but only a few. Like we went out for Mexican on Monday and I had five of the free chips. That was enough. I could only eat half of my lunch portion of food - chicken breast with chorizo and cheese and a side of Beans. (To your other post - this food was not low fat, but it was tasty!)

Before surgery, I would say I probably ate out Mexican 3/4 times a month! It is my favorite. Sometimes chips and sometimes not. I will definitely continue to eat it. Probably less, and definitely less of it at a time but will do it.

There are good choices there, we just have to make the good choice.

I've had good experiences with the store. The only complaint is how long it takes from placing my order to shipping.

I was actually wondering about their Vitamins and supplements. Are they good? Are they reasonable? They seem expensive, but they say they are specifically for bariatric patients, so does that inflate the price? Or can I just take regular supplements I can get from Walmart for like 1/3 of the price?

7 hours ago, Future Sleeve Diva said:

I was actually wondering about their Vitamins and supplements. Are they good? Are they reasonable? They seem expensive, but they say they are specifically for bariatric patients, so does that inflate the price? Or can I just take regular supplements I can get from Walmart for like 1/3 of the price?

My team says bariatric Vitamins only after surgery. I know a lot of people just take regular Multi Vitamins and are fine though, I guess it depends on what your body needs.

With that being said, there are less expensive options of the bariatric vitamins than here though.

I order ProCare Health or Celebrate from the companies' websites. They're only like a dollar a day - that's not much to invest in your health! It's only one pill a day, plus you may need Calcium if you don't get enough from food. My surgery center said with those two Vitamins you don't need extra of anything except calcium, because that can't be taken with a Multivitamin.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:55 PM, Future Sleeve Diva said:

Or can I just take regular supplements I can get from Walmart for like 1/3 of the price?

My dietician says we can take Centrum Silver (even if you are not an older adult) as those Vitamins meets the requirements as well. Only difference is its a pill and has to be taken twice a day.

Edited by Crisscat

Ive just ordered from the store so I cant say as of yet how they are but I have seen reviews that say they are slow to ship. Ill have to update when I get my order.