Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Multivitamin -Threw up instantly

I threw up for the first time after surgery. I just got cleared to take my Vitamins and as soon as I got this down it came back up within seconds. Any other brand suggestions? These were number 1 on the list by my doctor. Should I crush it and take it with Gatorade? 20211229_063419.jpg

Sent from my SM-F711U using BariatricPal mobile app

you might want to give these another try. I got sick on B-Complex capsules at first, but after the first couple of tries I was able to keep them down. Although yes -- you could also try crushing these...although it might be something in them rather than the tablet per se that your stomach is reacting to.. (so crushing may or may not help)

1 hour ago, TaylorA said:

I threw up for the first time after surgery. I just got cleared to take my Vitamins and as soon as I got this down it came back up within seconds. Any other brand suggestions? These were number 1 on the list by my doctor. Should I crush it and take it with Gatorade? 20211229_063419.jpg

Sent from my SM-F711U using BariatricPal mobile app

I also found it disgusting and asked for a refund from Bariatric Advantage. They gave me a refund and I ordered the capsuled from them which I use now. They are also bad tasting but you swallow them quickly and it is fine. I just could not chew that disgusting pill.

Try a one-per-day capsule! I use BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE "1 per Day!" Bariatric Multivitamins from https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/bariatricpal-multivitamin-one!

BariatricPal has a special offer where it'll cost you only $99 for an entire year supply! Check it out at https://store.bariatricpal.com/99

With just ONE convenient & affordable BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE each day, you can get the bariatric Vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy! BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE was designed and developed by a team of the world's leading Bariatric medical professionals.

Please take a Calcium supplement separately to prevent interference with absorption of Iron. You can view a large selection of bariatric-friendly Calcium supplements at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium.

You can also find many other brands of bariatric multivitamins at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/multivitamins.

Agree, chewable supplements taste and feel gross to me. I had a lot of nausea and vomiting post-op (uncommon), but even from the first week, I took a 1-a-day Bariatric Pal capsule. I ordered the ones with no Iron at first, and took it with a separate slow release iron pill from a pharmacy. After a few months, I was able to tolerate the ones with iron.

Are you taking them with “food” or a shake at least? I was actually okay with that one without food but the Pro Care health I take now I got sick when I didn’t take with “food”. Now I drink my Protein Shake entirely before I take it and I’m fine. Some people need to take it with dinner.

I pretty much had the same results with these, I think they stayed down for about five minutes before I was running to the bathroom.

I've started using the "fruit chew" ones that are like a starburst (like Sanchesp618 mentioned), and they're much more palatable. I havent gotten sick on them once, and also take the calcium citrate that are the same sort of texture.