Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op. Clear liquid diet cheated!!!

I'm on day 5 of 15 of my clear liquid diet. I hate all the fake tastes of the Protein Shakes and drinks. I feel like I'm starving to death! I know I'm being dramatic but it's so dang difficult! I'm cried several times.

Tell me if my cheats are horrible?

Day 3 I had 1 goldfish cracker

Day 4 I had 2 goldfish crackers and a cup of 2% milk

Day 5 I had 1 goldfish cracker and 1 mozzarella pearl

I feel like these little cheats are the only things keeping me from falling off the wagon! Am I really messing up with these?

Edited by HungryWildRose

I assume the clear liquid diet to help your stomach and bypass heal without overloading them. Perhaps have a chat to your dietician or your surgeon see if they think you have recovered enough to progress to the next food stage early.

I was allowed to have milk both pre and post op, but I was required to drink skim so I drank Fairlife skim milk because it has more Protein than regular milk.

You’re not the first to break their pre surgery diet & you won’t be the last. The thing is to pick yourself up & work at sticking to your plan. The first week is always the hardest (my surgeon’s team call it hell week) but it’s a good time to start looking at your motivation to eat.

You can still ‘cheat’ or break your diet post surgery too cause the cheating/breaking is done by you not your sleeve. There are lots of posts here with people talking about cravings as they work through the post surgery stages. Or asking when can they eat certain non ‘diet’ foods after surgery. The sleeve can reduce your real hunger but not your head hunger like cravings for a specific taste or texture. That’s up to you.

You will have to work at it. Some days will be easy but others will be so damn ‘I want to give up’ hard but you’ll work through it. If you fail one day that’s ok. Just get back on plan the next.

Good luck with your surgery.

Today is day 8 of my liquid diet (still have two more days then the totally clear liquid no food the day before surgery). I can only have 4 Protein Shakes and 4 one cup servings of certain veggies a day and yes, I cheated a few times. The one day I ate a few bites of the skinless, boneless, chicken breast I cooked for my husband and on two other days I had about 6 slices of spicy salami. Those were days were I was really active and working in the yard and the other day had a full workout at the gym. I just felt so sluggish like I needed meat. So I had it. I figured it wasn't THAT bad since I know others have been allowed meat on their pre op diet. I figure at least I didn't cheat and have something surgery or dairy which is definitely a no-no for my pre op. One good thing about my diet is they said I could have dill pickles freely. And I LOVE pickles so that's been great. LOL

Anyway, starting today no more cheats as I want what I did cheat and have yesterday (the salami) long gone out of my stomach and intestines before surgery Wednesday. LOL

I'm sure you'll be fine too just get back on track.

Edited by SummerTimeGirl