Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started my WLS on Oct 23, 2020. My weight was 236lbs & rising. My ins paid for everything &hv me 3mnths. My surgery date was January 28, 2021. My weight-in surgery date was 226lbs. I stayed in the hospital for 2days. My 2wk f/u my weight-in was 208lbs. My Dr was upset bcuz he said I should hv lost 20lbs. Hell, I was happy I lost what I lost being I was in so much pain. I was suppose to go back for my 6wk f/u last week 2/10/2020 but my pain in my back was killing for 3 of the 4wks. so I rescheduled for 2/17. I'm expected to lose another 20lbs but I'm weighting in@ 203lbs @ hm. I'm happy w my weight lost but I know this dr is gonna b upset. Lol. But I'm good w that. I don't want to lost too much weight all at once. I'm tryna get down to 165lbs. 155lbs the min. I hvnt been walking do to this Covid thingy &it being cold outside didn't help either. The diet works wonders that's how I've bn maintaining. But walking w back pain is horrible.

What do y'all think?

How do I update my status on my profile page. I've tried to edit it but there's no where I can get to my status fill-in. Need help on that as well.

The walking I can't really comment on, but if you want to update your status, go up to your name at the top of the page and to the right of your name you will see "create". Click that and there will be a status part of it. You can only do this on a PC not mobile device.

Thank you Neensyb 100%

I've bn tryna do this on my mobile bummer

6 hours ago, ChiNaDoll2285 said:

I started my WLS on Oct 23, 2020. My weight was 236lbs & rising. My ins paid for everything &hv me 3mnths. My surgery date was January 28, 2021. My weight-in surgery date was 226lbs. I stayed in the hospital for 2days. My 2wk f/u my weight-in was 208lbs. My Dr was upset bcuz he said I should hv lost 20lbs. Hell, I was happy I lost what I lost being I was in so much pain. I was suppose to go back for my 6wk f/u last week 2/10/2020 but my pain in my back was killing for 3 of the 4wks. so I rescheduled for 2/17. I'm expected to lose another 20lbs but I'm weighting in@ 203lbs @ hm. I'm happy w my weight lost but I know this dr is gonna b upset. Lol. But I'm good w that. I don't want to lost too much weight all at once. I'm tryna get down to 165lbs. 155lbs the min. I hvnt been walking do to this Covid thingy &it being cold outside didn't help either. The diet works wonders that's how I've bn maintaining. But walking w back pain is horrible.

What do y'all think?

How do I update my status on my profile page. I've tried to edit it but there's no where I can get to my status fill-in. Need help on that as well.

I don’t understand doctors who say “you should lose x in this many weeks”. I don’t know how tall you are, but it would appear to me using 5’5’’ or so as an average you were on the lower end of folks who had WLS. My weigh-in surgery date was around the same as yours and my weight at two weeks was 212. My doctor just has had me focus on Protein and fluids and following the food steps (full liquid to purée to soft to regular). I would just focus on your protein and Water and when your back is better then you can do some walking. This is a marathon, not a sprint - you are in this for the long-haul! Good luck!!!

Thank you Crick. I am 5'2". & 56yrs old.. I walk as much as I can w my 2 dogs but my anxiety & back pain is tremendously a pain in my ass. But I always thought slower is better. I hv a follow up app Weds, so far I lost 7 more pounds since my last visit 3wks ago. I do get my Protein in & my fluids. I know I just hv to MOVE more. The weather's breaking so I should do better w my weight loss.

Your stats are similar to mine and you’ve lost more than me! My team also said I should be losing faster but I am ok with my losses. Yes, it’s a snail’s pace, but it’s on a downward trend and I have only had one tiny stall. I think you’re doing just fine.

Thanks! I think I'm doing fine too lol. I'll c how the Dr feels about this on Weds when I go in for my 3wk follow up. (Total 5wks post op). Nxt month i should b below 200... fingers crossed. I give myself till at least June to get to my goal weight of 155-160lbs

I have had some good luck with the Leslie Sanson Walk Away the Pounds workouts on YouTube. It's low impact and you can do it in the comfort of your home. They have various videos for various levels. I suffer from a lot of lower back pain and sometimes the thing that helps the most is exercising because it builds up your supporting muscles. I also lay on a stability ball every morning to stretch my back out just a little. A little each day has led to a major difference. I am 5'7" and came in a little under what I was projected to lose but my doctor said as long as I feel good, am consistently losing a little and am following the diet there's nothing to worry about yet. She said it would take 6 weeks just for all the gas from surgery to be completely out of my system and for the swelling to go down.

I stretch sometimes... when I'm feeling good. Otherwise I'm sitting w a pillow behind me to support my back. The weather has been good so I am walking my dogs more. Thank your for your input. I'll push myself more after I see my Dr for a pain shot in my back tomorrow. That should help alot.

The real question is, are you sticking to the diet as it was layed out for you? Are you eating only what you are allowed to eat? Are you eating the right portion sizes? Are you following the recommendations of Protein and Water first? Veggies only when you get your protein in? And you probably shouldn't be having extra carbs yet. Do you have a nutritionist to guide you? I am surprised that the doc has a specific 20 pound goal for you... but it seems like you could be at least losing more than you are if you are following the diet. Are you measuring and recording your intake? If no, you should be, especially in these early months. And then take that to the nutritionist to see what you are doing right, and what you can do better!

Exercise... just keep working at it. In my first couple months, I literally had my husband take me to the grocery store, grab me a shopping cart, and we did 1 lap around the store, then two, and built up. and I initially needed that shopping cart because I wasn't strong enough without it for a couple weeks. Now mind you... that was pre-COVID... so you might want to find a different location. If it is too cold outside, maybe ask around to see what businesses are open that are large enough to do laps... but still don't have crowds. Here, our malls are crowded in the evenings/weekends... but totally empty during the weekdays. Making weekdays an ideal time to walk the mall. It's OK to start slow and build up your tolerance... in terms of both surgery recovery and back pain. And there are now many ways to access workout videos for different levels and types of activity... find one that works for you.

I stretch sometimes... when I'm feeling good. Otherwise I'm sitting w a pillow behind me to support my back. The weather has been good so I am walking my dogs more. Thank your for your input. I'll push myself more after I see my Dr for a pain shot in my back tomorrow. That should help alot.

Well I went to c my Both Dr's yesterday (surgeon & back pain) the surgeon was so HORRIBLE, my anxiety kicked in. I weighted in at 203 & they where suppose to take 3lbs away for the clothes, which they didn't on the chart. So he said i lost ONLY 2lbs when it was actual 5lbs in 3wks. I didn't go to sleep till 430am. My visit w him was almost like a yelling match. Now he wants me to lose 10lbs instead of the 20....uuugh! he making my hair more Grey than what it is & to stop reading the Bariatric Book. First they want me to read it like it was my Bible, now he's telling me NOT to read it! I'm freakin confused... Needless to say I go back in a month. (Uuuugh!) My back pain dr is awesome. No back pain for a while. & I was able to clean my spare bedroom & den. My portions are measured to 3-4oz of Protein per serving, veggies 2nd & then starch...I barely hv room for the veggies 😩 which is a fork full &hvnt had starch yet.. sugar free Jello & ice pops are my go to Snacks 😋 & my Protein Drink is my Breakfast. I spoke w my brother who had this done 2yrs ago told me the things the Dr said I CAN eat I should no b eating NOW... like Beans, hamburger meat & chicken. So I'm going back to MUSHY foods...eggs, oatmeal, jello & yogurt

Sheeesh in so 😕 confused I'm going to call the nutritionist to c where in suppose to b at 6wks? Bcuz the book also says I should not b eating these things but I'm not suppose to follow the book.... go figure?!

Oh my gosh, no wonder you’re confused. Definitely call your nut and see what they say. Every program is different but at 6 weeks, I’m to start on the regular bariatric diet (today, In fact!). Three meals of 1/4 to 1/2 c of food with focus on Protein. Right now I’m sometimes not even getting in a 1/4 c of protein only so I have my doubts about adding anything else in.

hang in there!

Well I went to c my Both Dr's yesterday (surgeon & back pain) the surgeon was so HORRIBLE, my anxiety kicked in. I weighted in at 203 & they where suppose to take 3lbs away for the clothes, which they didn't on the chart. So he said i lost ONLY 2lbs when it was actual 5lbs in 3wks. I didn't go to sleep till 430am. My visit w him was almost like a yelling match. Now he wants me to lose 10lbs instead of the 20....uuugh! he making my hair more Grey than what it is & to stop reading the Bariatric Book. First they want me to read it like it was my Bible, now he's telling me NOT to read it! I'm freakin confused... Needless to say I go back in a month. (Uuuugh!) My back pain dr is awesome. No back pain for a while. & I was able to clean my spare bedroom & den. My portions are measured to 3-4oz of Protein per serving, veggies 2nd & then starch...I barely hv room for the veggies 😩 which is a fork full &hvnt had starch yet.. sugar free Jello & ice pops are my go to Snacks 😋 & my protein drink is my breakfast. I spoke w my brother who had this done 2yrs ago told me the things the Dr said I CAN eat I should no b eating NOW... like Beans, hamburger meat & chicken. So I'm going back to MUSHY foods...eggs, oatmeal, jello & yogurt

Sheeesh in so 😕 confused I'm going to call the nutritionist to c where in suppose to b at 6wks? Bcuz the book also says I should not b eating these things but I'm not suppose to follow the book.... go figure?!

18 minutes ago, NiceAnkles said:

Oh my gosh, no wonder you’re confused. Definitely call your nut and see what they say. Every program is different but at 6 weeks, I’m to start on the regular bariatric diet (today, In fact!). Three meals of 1/4 to 1/2 c of food with focus on Protein. Right now I’m sometimes not even getting in a 1/4 c of Protein only so I have my doubts about adding anything else in.

hang in there!

I'm going to follow ur routine... 1/4 -1/2 c if foods w the focus on protein. But it'll b mainly oatmeal & yogurt along w Water w 1protein drink as a meal (saids the crazy Dr)

Thanks for reading &helping me understand where in suppose to be.

Yesterday I had a bowl of Soup for lunch & was only able to eat half, the other half I ate for dinner had a protein drink for brkfst & 2 sugar free popsicle as a snack. The rest was flavored water.

1 hour ago, ChiNaDoll2285 said:

I'm going to follow ur routine... 1/4 -1/2 c if foods w the focus on Protein. But it'll b mainly oatmeal & yogurt along w Water w 1protein drink as a meal (saids the crazy Dr)

Thanks for reading &helping me understand where in suppose to be.

Yesterday I had a bowl of Soup for lunch & was only able to eat half, the other half I ate for dinner had a Protein Drink for brkfst & 2 sugar free popsicle as a snack. The rest was flavored water.

Do you add the yogurt to your oatmeal? On my sample menus I have a lot of “add a scoop of unflavored protein powder” for foods like oatmeal, cottage cheese, ricotta, mashed potatoes etc and I tried it once. Just once. 🤮 I think the menu creators in my program maybe have not tried unflavored Protein Powder in their foods. So gross!

glad for the forum so we can help each other. 🙂