Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were you sure it wouldn't work?

I had also *hoped* it would work because I was spending $15k for another *diet* plan. I wasn't exactly sure how it would feel and didn't really believe that I wouldn't be hungry. Just kinda believed that I'd be hungry but not able to eat.

I think most of us feared that it would not work for us. Clearly everything else we have tried in the past didn't work so will this really be the ONE?

I am beyond happy with my band and SOOOO relieved that it does work :)

I was... cautiosuly optimistic. I WANTED it to work, and saw it as a last resort. But when you have 10+ years of failed attempts behind you, it's much, much safer to hope it will work than to know it will work. A few months out, I remember having this odd sort of realization - epiphany - where I was like "Hey, this really just might work!"

I was scared it wouldn't work, one of the reason's that I didn't tell people about my surgery. I was scared of another failed diet attempt.

I guess I was hopeful it would work and viewed it as my "last chance", but still scared that it wouldn't. I am so happy it is a success!

I find that it has worked so far.... What I am afraid of is the long term

It's not about getting the weight off but keeping it off. Yes right now I am still losing - I have got it "life time lifestyle" change. But in a year or 2 from now - that's when the questions is really answered..

It's not the band that is making us lose weight it is all the work that we are doing - cuz even with the band and proper restriction we still have head hunger issues - we can still make bad food choices.

I can lose weight and keep it off for a while - so for me to be able to keep it off for the rest of my life - that's when I will know that it has worked.

That's how I feel IndioGirl. I think we are working on it... it's not as simple as most people think it is... I don't mean other banders but more the people around us. I may not be overly hungry and I may be satisfied on very little food but I still have to think about what I put into my mouth each and every time.

I *hoped* it would work but was fairly certain it would not.

My thoughts exactly. I've lost more so far than I ever have before, but I'm still worried a few years down the road what's going to happen. This is kind of like my last chance - everything else has failed, so this better not!

and then pleasantly surprised that it did work??????

I thought it would "kinda" work. I had no idea I would ever be close to goal or be a size 8. I thought it would MAYBE get me out of the danger zone.

Thank god I learned to work it! :)

Boo Boo - you've done sooo good. How tall are you? My goal size is an 8 too and I am wondering what weight that would be. I'm currently in a size 10, barely. My size 12's are big and baggy, the 10's are a little snug but work.

Boo Boo - you've done sooo good. How tall are you? My goal size is an 8 too and I am wondering what weight that would be. I'm currently in a size 10, barely. My size 12's are big and baggy, the 10's are a little snug but work.

Thanks. I am an Amazon woman at 6". lol... :)

I have found that my goal weight has nothing to do with the size I wanted to be. I am past that and still not at goal #. How stupid...

Thank you for all your comments. I'm not banded yet, and I hope it will work, and have told only my VERY best friends (like 2) for fear it will not work for me.