Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Surgery diet No Sugar?



Recommended Posts

I am just curious if we are allowed to drink any of the ready to drink Protein Shakes, such as Fairlife or Premeir being that one has 2 grams of sugar and the other has 1 gram of sugar? I know I can as my dr when I go for my pre surgery appointment on Dec 31st, but I was thinking about ordering some. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My doctor didn't give me any sugar restrictions. Those two aren't too different, so I'd say go with whichever you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told to go as low sugar as possible, but that most Protein Drinks were ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told Protein Drinks are fine as long as the are low in sugar - does not have to be sugar free. You would be surprised how much sugar is in some "nutritional" shakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mil_unloaded said:

I was told to go as low sugar as possible, but that most Protein Drinks were ok!

Thank you. I was curious about that. Btw I saw you just had your surgery, how are you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, km13118 said:

I was told Protein Drinks are fine as long as the are low in sugar - does not have to be sugar free. You would be surprised how much sugar is in some "nutritional" shakes.

So true, I never realized how much sugar, and carbs were in food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My program’s guidelines were less than 5 grams of sugar per serving, so both of those would be fine. Different programs have different requirements, though, so it would still be good to check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigSue said:

My program’s guidelines were less than 5 grams of sugar per serving, so both of those would be fine. Different programs have different requirements, though, so it would still be good to check.

Thank you so much. I was given a copy of the 2 wk pre-surgery diet I'm supposed to stick to, however I didn't realize it that it says "no sugar" that's why I am confused because in turn it does talk about the Protein Shakes throughout the day. Thanks I'm sure it has to be something to that effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×