Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help- Eating too much,

Hi: Had Sleeve done in Jan 2020 and I lost about 45 lbs. Now I am stuck. I seem to have run out of motivation and wonder why I had this surgery. I don't know how to get back on track. Any suggestions? Marcie

I'm pretty new here, but have you looked at the thread food Before and After Photos? I find that so inspiring to see what people are eating and how much they are eating! It's a very long thread, but I started at the beginning, which is when the most prolific posters were getting started on this journey! I have also found inspiration in the Favorite Grocery Products thread. Good luck!!

I'd suggest getting back to basics. Track everything you eat (MFP or another app), and focus on filling yourself up with Protein. Do some meal planning and then hit the grocery store to stock up on healthy foods.

You've lost 50lbs, which is great! Just gotta get back in the "zone" again and make this happen.

You can DO this!!!

Marciestar I'm having the same issue. My surgery was 2/26/20 and I've lost about 45 pounds . I'm struggling with not have energy. The first few months I had tons of energy now I'm right back to the way I was before surgery. I'm also struggling with food options and how much I should be eating at each meal.

Just now, Donna1966 said:

Marciestar I'm having the same issue. My surgery was 2/26/20 and I've lost about 45 pounds . I'm struggling with not have energy. The first few months I had tons of energy now I'm right back to the way I was before surgery. I'm also struggling with food options and how much I should be eating at each meal.

My advice to you would be the same as above, but I would also make sure you are getting in all of your vitamins! It would also be worth it to get some lab work done to see if you can pinpoint the cause of your lack of energy. Good luck!!

ChubRub I'm making a low carb shepards pie for supper using ground turkey instead of ground beef and cauliflower instead of mash potatoes. What would be the portion size for that?

Just now, Donna1966 said:

ChubRub I'm making a low carb shepards pie for supper using ground turkey instead of ground beef and cauliflower instead of mash potatoes. What would be the portion size for that?

I don't know the nutritional value per portion, but going strictly on volume, I would go with 1/2 cup (and maybe a little more if it's more cauliflower than turkey and you still feel hungry after 1/2 cup). Chew slowly and listen to your body. Sounds like a very healthy meal!

3 hours ago, Marciestar said:

Hi: Had Sleeve done in Jan 2020 and I lost about 45 lbs. Now I am stuck. I seem to have run out of motivation and wonder why I had this surgery. I don't know how to get back on track. Any suggestions? Marcie

Go look at your pre-op pictures. Remember why you did this in the first place. Did you have a journal of any sort where you may have talked about how you felt back then?

This may not actually help. I'm not sure anything any of us can say at this point will help.

You don't remember why you had surgery 8 months ago yet want to get back on track? Those are amazingly contradictory ideas. If you don't know why you wanted to lose weight (aka 'motivation') why bother getting back on track?

OK, how about: How do you feel about your weight now?

If you're not unhappy with it then congratulations you are at your new goal.

If you are unhappy about where you are but ambivalent about change, as it seems from your post, then you may have simply given up. Being unhappy and not caring is an obvious hint that you may be depressed. Get help of the professional variety. Talk to a therapist, now.

Good luck,

Tek

@Donna1966 myfitnesspal has a wonderful recipe converter. I use it all the time both to determine portion size for me and to track Protein, calories and carbs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

22 hours ago, kellym1220 said:

I'm pretty new here, but have you looked at the thread food Before and After Photos? I find that so inspiring to see what people are eating and how much they are eating! It's a very long thread, but I started at the beginning, which is when the most prolific posters were getting started on this journey! I have also found inspiration in the Favorite Grocery Products thread. Good luck!!

Yeah i love that thread just wish there was many different posters lol

22 hours ago, Marciestar said:

Congrats on 45 lbs i would make appointment with the nutritionist and see if she has any idea how to get things rolling because you are still in the weightloss window (12-18 months)

On 09/20/2020 at 20:40, lisafrommassachusetts said:

@Donna1966 myfitnesspal has a wonderful recipe converter. I use it all the time both to determine portion size for me and to track Protein, calories and carbs.

Lisa, I can’t get fitness pal to let me put 500-600 calories. It keeps going back to 1,200 calls. Any clue how I change it?

Lisa, I can’t get fitness pal to let me put 500-600 calories. It keeps going back to 1,200 calls. Any clue how I change it?
I just ignore their recommendations. I also ignore the calories burned through exercise, it syncs with my fitbit. It's fun to see, but I don't eat any more or less based on it.

I don't know what I was thinking I have been under considerable stress and I didn't give myself credit for coming out the other side. I'm not surprised that my diet was going out the window. I'm back on track, writing down my food, shopping for what I want to eat and getting lots of sleep. I'm feeling much better