Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

My surgery date is end of July. Besides the COVID test, I need to get to my primary doctor before. My appointment is next week and I’m wondering what that appt is for? My only concern is since the pandemic I’m been vaping MJ (it’s legal here in IL). I plan to stop 2 weeks before surgery. Should I be concerned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rachael.castillo2017 said:

My surgery date is end of July. Besides the COVID test, I need to get to my primary doctor before. My appointment is next week and I’m wondering what that appt is for? My only concern is since the pandemic I’m been vaping MJ (it’s legal here in IL). I plan to stop 2 weeks before surgery. Should I be concerned?

I'm sure it's to get medical clearance. I actually go to my primary today (I'm having surgery 7/20 w/ Dr Lutfi in Chicago). My doctor told me it's just a quick exam to make sure that you're fit for surgery. I will come back & let you know what all the appointment is about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Rachael.castillo2017 said:

My surgery date is end of July. Besides the COVID test, I need to get to my primary doctor before. My appointment is next week and I’m wondering what that appt is for? My only concern is since the pandemic I’m been vaping MJ (it’s legal here in IL). I plan to stop 2 weeks before surgery. Should I be concerned?

I was not required to do one, but chose to see my primary to talk about medications for co-morbidities and chronic conditions. She also ordered a couple of labs that were not included in my pre-op labs. For reference, my surgery is scheduled for 7/6 and I saw her on 6/19 a couple hours before my surgical pre-op appt. My pre-registration appt. is 7/1 at the hospital and includes a heap of labs, chest X-ray, EKG, and COVID test. After that I am in self quarantine until I go to the hospital on 7/6. Primary appt. should not be a big deal. Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, danielleleigh90 said:

I'm sure it's to get medical clearance. I actually go to my primary today (I'm having surgery 7/20 w/ Dr Lutfi in Chicago). My doctor told me it's just a quick exam to make sure that you're fit for surgery. I will come back & let you know what all the appointment is about.

So I just got done with my appointment, I did an ekg, X-ray & he took my bp. That’s it 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2020 at 3:15 PM, danielleleigh90 said:

So I just got done with my appointment, I did an ekg, X-ray & he took my bp. That’s it 😁

In addition to the covid test a few days before the surgery, my surgeon always has patients to a chest xray, ekg, gallbladder ultrasound and lab work. i'm getting all of that done tomorrow and my primary thinks i am a good candidate and more than healthy. enough for the surgery. she really supports this vsg as a tool and she reminded me the mental part is going to be just as important.! here we go! two weeks away!!!! getting excited for a better life!!!! being able to do so much more and with less discomfort!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ps did you all buy your Vitamins before your dietician appointments? i have my first meeting, over the phone, wiht my dietician on Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2020 at 2:52 PM, Phoenix20 said:

ps did you all buy your Vitamins before your dietician appointments? i have my first meeting, over the phone, wiht my dietician on Tuesday.

I’m so late sorry! So I waited until my appointment so I knew what to get. I got the Bariatric Advantage calcium chews, chewable ProCare Health Multivitamin & some chewable Biotin pills from Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, danielleleigh90 said:

I’m so late sorry! So I waited until my appointment so I knew what to get. I got the Bariatric Advantage calcium chews, chewable ProCare Health Multivitamin & some chewable Biotin pills from Amazon.

hey! no worries! thanks for sharing. my dietician appt is over the phone tomorrow. i just did alll my pre op testing today. thansk for the tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×