Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just an update. I was 236 lbs in 7th grade. Went as high as 340 in early 20's. March of 2019 I was weighing 280. Started 2 week preop diet at 274. Surgery was 7-23-19 and now 6.5 months later I am 173lbs. Initial goal was 175 (5'7") but still have some more to lose so setting goal around 165 before I start trying to add some muscle back.

Stayed around 600 cal and 60g Protein for about 4.5 months then tried to up it around 800 and 100g protein, that seemed to work ok. Occasionally I'll hit 1000 but other days struggle to get 600. Very little hunger, just know when I NEED to eat. food just not that important to me anymore. Still foamies and throw up when I eat to fast. Very little I can't eat, haven't really tried breads or pastas though. Heartburn got bad had to start omeprazole again.

Helluva year, ruptured aortic aneurysm last January with aortic valve replacement, sleeve in july, vasectomy in December and new baby boy 12-31! Just wanted to offer a little encouragement to those considering this or new in the process. No regrets, sure sometimes I miss sitting down and gorging but I just try to remember what it felt like afterwards.

Lots of positives, clothes that fit right, chairs that seem to big, etc...sucked to get rid of perfectly good clothes that were never wore and by the time you try to wear something else, it's to big. Nice trade off I guess. Anyway, just my story. I'm almost 44 and wish I'd done this sooner. Just like everyone else I had my doubts before surgery but it was definitely a good choice.

Awesome story and successes to be proud about. Thank you for sharing and best of luck with your continued success!

Congratulations! Thanks so much for sharing your journey.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• BayougirlMrsS

WOW..... 50,005 people have viewed my profile..... Hope i was able to inspire at least one....
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Vicki Lindsey

Ok I had surgery on Jan 27 2020 so I am 3 weeks out and have lost 32 lbs  I wish I had this done sooner. Now just trying to figure out different things to eat so I am not eating the same thing over and over. I did order some stuff today from the Bariatric Store and that stuff should be here in time for my next phase. I have a goal of 50 lbs by the first of June hope that is attainable. Good luck to every one on this journey 
      · 1 reply
      1. MAUREEN2U

That wonderful. That's a lot of weight for such a short time.Hooray.

• GinaFigz

· 0 replies
    • Arabesque

So went to my surgeon today for one month follow-up. Last time I was there he wanted me to put on 4kgs but oops I’ve lost another 2kgs. Told him it was intended, was trying to maintain, upped my food intake, was stable for almost 3 weeks but last weekend broke it.
      Mum turned 80. Drinks at neighbours, a couple of crackers & dip, home late, no dinner. Out all morning, followed by celebratory family lunch, home late, no dinner. Whole dietary routine out the window. Did have a protein bar & tuna frittata muffin in between but didn’t eat much at all those two days.
      What dumbfounded me was he was ok with it. I told him I didn’t want to put on his 4kg because of the weight gain many experience in the 12+months in maintenance. He agreed with me. What the??? Invasion of the body snatchers??? Totally opposite position from last month. 
      He was also ok with my stopping my multivitamins. Agreed with my thinking that is better to feel ok & eat then be nauseated & not eat. He’ll just monitor my bloods to ensure no problems which is what they do anyway.
      Not complaining. 
      · 0 replies
    • 50Startingover

How do you fill out the last profile part, the part that says your weight, height.. etc
      · 3 replies
      1. My1smthop

I'm trying to figure this out as well.

2. Too many dogs

Go to profile look for patient in drop down -

menu

3. Too many dogs

Under patients my surgery is it

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs