Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfill & rapid weight gain

I had a band fitted 5 years ago and was happy with the weight loss. For the last year I developed severe reflux , night cough, sliming. Etc. Surgeon reduced my fill by half and the symptoms disappeared immediately. BUT I’ve also gained a ton of weight in 2 months , feel no restriction and get severe bloating. Anyone else have this problem . Going to try a little fill ( after the holidays !!🤪)

Are you eating more quantity per meal or eating different foods, eating more frequently now? What's behind the gain?

Gained 42 pound in 4 months

eating too much due to zero restriction plus eating stuff I never used to eg candy ice cream pastries carbs

😡back to doc Jan 6

Started with 8 mil = way too tight , reduced to 4 mil gained lots of weight , refil up to 6 mil , no weight loss v little restriction ....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• SabrinaGoddess

My life is WONDERFUL
      JUST PLAIN WONDERFUL
      I am 10 weeks post op today. I have lost 43 pounds!
      I walk 3-5 miles daily and I have picked up Hoola Hooping! I am on a dang roll and I love it.
      SO HAPPY I GOT THE SLEEVE!
      Sorry I have been absent on here but I really have made it a point to take care of ME. My exercise time is precious so I have to get it in before working or anything else.
      I wish there was MORE than WORDS to express to you just how wonderful I feel!
      I even created a new blog post today! https://sabrinagoddess.com/create-a-life-that-you-love

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BayougirlMrsS

WOW..... 50,005 people have viewed my profile..... Hope i was able to inspire at least one....
      · 0 replies
    • Vicki Lindsey

Ok I had surgery on Jan 27 2020 so I am 3 weeks out and have lost 32 lbs  I wish I had this done sooner. Now just trying to figure out different things to eat so I am not eating the same thing over and over. I did order some stuff today from the Bariatric Store and that stuff should be here in time for my next phase. I have a goal of 50 lbs by the first of June hope that is attainable. Good luck to every one on this journey 
      · 1 reply
      1. MAUREEN2U

That wonderful. That's a lot of weight for such a short time.Hooray.

• GinaFigz

· 0 replies
    • Arabesque

So went to my surgeon today for one month follow-up. Last time I was there he wanted me to put on 4kgs but oops I’ve lost another 2kgs. Told him it was intended, was trying to maintain, upped my food intake, was stable for almost 3 weeks but last weekend broke it.
      Mum turned 80. Drinks at neighbours, a couple of crackers & dip, home late, no dinner. Out all morning, followed by celebratory family lunch, home late, no dinner. Whole dietary routine out the window. Did have a protein bar & tuna frittata muffin in between but didn’t eat much at all those two days.
      What dumbfounded me was he was ok with it. I told him I didn’t want to put on his 4kg because of the weight gain many experience in the 12+months in maintenance. He agreed with me. What the??? Invasion of the body snatchers??? Totally opposite position from last month. 
      He was also ok with my stopping my multivitamins. Agreed with my thinking that is better to feel ok & eat then be nauseated & not eat. He’ll just monitor my bloods to ensure no problems which is what they do anyway.
      Not complaining. 
      · 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs