Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first consult to make sure I am a good candidate for sleeve surgery, now I just need to have 2 diet visits and my psych consult. Today is the 1st diet visit. Any thoughts on what I should expect? I'm sure every office is different, I'm just curious about other's experience.

@TwinMom1221wow you only need 2 visits from nutrition . do you have a surgery date yet. My first visit was basicly get weighed and given a food log where you have to write down everything you ate in a given week and come back next time and discuss your eating habits and choices its best to be honest and write down everything good or bad that way they can know what your triggers or unhealthy habits may be. good luck as your journey begins and you have a lot of exciting time markers on the way.

Edited by november11

I had to do three visits and each one we discussed different things and I weighed in at each. My first visit was discussing goals they required us to meet before being cleared for surgery, like no caffeine, no alcohol, logging food, etc. We checked off which ones I already do and discussed how I would meet the other ones before my last weigh in. The other thing we really discussed was what a typical day of eating for me would be right now and what it'll look like after surgery.

Nothing too scary! Have fun with it! Let us know how it goes 😃

I just got back from my appointment. It was pretty quick and easy. They did the h Pilori testing (ugg, that drink). Then we went over some dietary goals for the next month until my 2nd visit.

@november11 yes, I only need 2 visits, but they have to be 30 days apart-I tried to get my next one moved up. After that they will run it through insurance for approval and I have an appointment to schedule. I'm hoping that I'll be able to have surgery at the end of November. My preference would have been the start of November, but I don't think it will go that fast.

@TwinMom1221 hey that sounds like you on track a fast track actually maybe we will be twin sleevers im the 11th . try to get that date...

I would love it if I was able to get scheduled that soon after my last diet visit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches