Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know this is part of the process but at how many weeks where you actually able to enjoy your small meal. Idk if I eat too fast or what's the problem. But it's hard for me to actually eat my food. I'm 5 weeks out and I can feel sick eating a piece of chicken. I'm so stressed

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I know this is part of the process but at how many weeks where you actually able to enjoy your small meal. Idk if I eat too fast or what's the problem. But it's hard for me to actually eat my food. I'm 5 weeks out and I can feel sick eating a piece of chicken. I'm so stressed

I'm not at 5 weeks yet but my doctor doesn't allow chicken yet at that point. I also know from reading all the materials they gave me when you are able to have it, it must not be dry

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

It gets better. Gotta give it more time. I know there was a turning point at about 4 months for me when I could eat a lot more comfortably, The healing process is much longer than most realize.

12 hours ago, laura071693 said:

From what my Team recommend and most of what I have read I would say your poor old traumatised tummy can't cope with chicken.

How about you go back to full fluids for a day or 2 then go on to puree food.

Physiologically it takes 6 weeks for basic healing of all internal wounds, but even then they need time to adjust to our dietary intake.

I would definitely take a step backwards and see how your body copes with much softer and less difficult foods to break down and top up the Protein with your drinks etc.

I know all of us are given different advice from our surgical teams, but we are all different and perhaps you just need to tweak what you have been told to eat by your team as it doesn't seem to be right for you just yet :)

Just my plan so you can see how different we are :) 80g protein per day and full fluids for 4 weeks. Then pureed food for 2 weeks then introduce solids :)

Edited by Bastian

I am few months out and still have an issue with chicken. I bought a rotisserie chicken this past week and my plan was to cut it up and eat it throughout the week. I felt sick on the second day so I ended up using all of it for Soup. Once it was softer and moister from the broth, I was able to tolerate it a little better. But I am not going to eat anymore for awhile. Maybe try making it softer or wait another few weeks and try it again.