Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 minutes ago, RNY 2ND RODEO said:

All set for 8/23/19. This is my 2nd rny gastric bypass. First one was 17 years ago. Then I was 516 lbs, lost down to 175, bounced back to 400. This is my last rodeo. Gotta make it happen. Got 9 grandkids that love their Papaw.

Sent from my LGMP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck! I know a lot has changed in 17 years...but what specifically has changed about YOU?

It will still only be a tool. And any tool has a work-around. We can and do eat beyond and around our tools everyday and face weight regain.

Have you worked on your head? Do you have a bariatric counselor? Do you work with an RD who will give you extensive follow-ups over the next 5 years? Are you a member of a local weight loss support group?

I'm asking these hoping to hear that you are WAYYYY ahead of me. :)

3 hours ago, RNY 2ND RODEO said:

All set for 8/23/19. This is my 2nd rny gastric bypass. First one was 17 years ago. Then I was 516 lbs, lost down to 175, bounced back to 400. This is my last rodeo. Gotta make it happen. Got 9 grandkids that love their Papaw.

Sent from my LGMP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

I also had mine around 2002 and am planning on a revision to reduce my pouch and tighten my stoma. I was around 350, lost 140 and have gained it back. My bypass is already distal. What exactly are they going to do duringyour surgery? Thank you

2 hours ago, PrincessCharming said:

I also had mine around 2002 and am planning on a revision to reduce my pouch and tighten my stoma. I was around 350, lost 140 and have gained it back. My bypass is already distal. What exactly are they going to do duringyour surgery? Thank you

5 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Good luck! I know a lot has changed in 17 years...but what specifically has changed about YOU?

It will still only be a tool. And any tool has a work-around. We can and do eat beyond and around our tools everyday and face weight regain.

Have you worked on your head? Do you have a bariatric counselor? Do you work with an RD who will give you extensive follow-ups over the next 5 years? Are you a member of a local weight loss support group?

I'm asking these hoping to hear that you are WAYYYY ahead of me. :)

Yes. This time I am following up with dieticion and nutritionist plus my physycologist is on call at all times. She wants me to weigh everyday and if I start to backslide, call immediately to discuss where I went wrong. I also have at least 8 freinds who have had weightloss surgeries including my sister. I will be in close contact with them through this process. When I had mine done before I had nobody. Joining this group is also going to be a great source of knowledge.

7 hours ago, RNY 2ND RODEO said:

Rerouting the intestine from the original pouch. Creating a new pouch closer to the valve at the bottom of the stomache and further reducing the enlarged small intestine.

Thanks for the info. You sound like you're preparred for sucess and I'll be routing for you! Thanks again 😃