Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gallbladder surgery

I'm coming up on three years in January postop gastric bypass. I've been very happy with my success, from 365 to 225. I have to have my gallbladder removed in the beginning of August and I'm a little nervous. The reason I'm nervous is not because Of the surgery but the fact that it's going to interfere with my routine that's been so successful. I go to the gym a minimum of five days a week with a combination of cardio and weightlifting. The surgeon who is going to remove my gallbladder already informed me that he wants me to avoid strenuous exercise for about six weeks, this is going to drive me insane! Any suggestions on how I can avoid any regression during my exercise layoff.
Thank you for any help

Potentially you won't be doing any exercise for the the first two weeks anyway I would have thought. That leaves four weeks and that will be over before you know it.

Ask the surgeon what they consider to be strenuous exercise and what you can do as an alternative.

Focus on what you can do.

I had my gallbladder out in January. No exercise for two weeks, and then just avoid any core work for another 2-3 weeks.

PS I feel your pain. I go to the gym 6 days a week and I'm having plastics in November and won't be able to go for a monthhhh. NOOOOOOOOO

Edited by mousecat88

Front load Protein an extra 50 to promote healing. Only get one chance to heal. Understand this 6 weeks of healing is another routine just as important as cardio and weights. Not that it feels like you are hanging out doing nothing because it does. Remember the body is using that energy to heal up. 😃. I am 4 weeks out from a surgery and it is lousy. That said it is time limited Best to you